20. this ends here today

"I didn't steal his diary

"I didn't steal his diary." I hissed back. "What is wrong with you?" I could feel my blood boiling, and my face was burning with anger. "Why are you doing this to me? You don't know one thing about me actually." I yelled.

Vanessa laughed strangely, "Actually I do." She then looked back at Megan. "Thank god I have Megan." She smiled, "Remember she used to date your boyfriends brother."

I could see the hurt in Jace's eyes. He shook his head quickly as he walked away from me. "Jace please wait!" I yelled after him but it was too late. Jace had already left.

"What the hell is wrong with you Vanessa?" Leo asked and I could tell by the tone of his voice he was very angry. "We were never your friends! I can't believe you came all this way just to make a scene and embarrass yourself."

Bella shook her head as she grabbed Cassie's hand and pulled her away. "I can't believe you would do this on her birthday."

"Megan what did you tell her about Scarlett's past?" Blake looked at Megan.

Megan suddenly looked up at Blake as she quickly mumbled, "I didn't know! She made-"

"Just stop yourself there." Leo held up his hand. "I think it's best for both of you to leave right now."

Deep down when I looked at Vanessa, I could tell she was doubting herself. Probably now realizing what she had done, and how many people she had actually just hurt.

I looked around and saw that everyone was just standing there with open jaws looking at me especially. But I didn't care. All I cared about was finding Jace at the moment. I turned around to look at Cassie and I felt so bad for her. I could tell that she was hurt by this whole situation. It was her eighteenth birthday for heaven's sake. We were all supposed to having so much fun today. "I'm so sorry Cassie. This is all my fault."

She shook her head slowly, "Scarlett please." Cassie then looked up at Vanessa and Megan who were still standing in front of her wordlessly. "Have nothing to say now, do we?" Cassie asked. "Well I have something to say and it's get out!" Cassie raised her voice. They both stood there for a second longer before leaving.

Shortly after I told everyone that I was going to go find Jace. Vanessa had everything so wrong. She twisted the story into something sick, so that Jace would purposely think I was lying to him all this time. But in a way I guess I was.

Finally after searching outside the building for a good five minutes, I saw Jace sitting on a bench alone. "Jace!" I called out as I ran up to him. "Why did you just walk out like that? I can't believe you believe half of the crap that came out of her mouth." I yelled, "Especially Vanessa out of all people!"

Jace looked up at me slowly. There were so many emotions on his face I couldn't tell if he was either angry or disappointed. "Well it all makes sense." He mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned anxiously.

He sighed heavily, "The other day before you went to go meet Jesse's mother, you went to go use the washroom." I knew exactly what he was talking about. The beat of my heart got faster. "I thought I saw my diary under your bed but I didn't want to bring up. But now I know."