17. thinking of the past

"That dress looks amazing on you Scar!" Ava was practically yelling at me

"That dress looks amazing on you Scar!" Ava was practically yelling at me. "Jace will love it."

I couldn't help but giggle at her. "Oh, stop it." I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror. If I was going to be honest this dress actually did look fairly good on me. It was a beautiful navy blue colour which complimented my tanned skin and blonde hair well. I loved how it wasn't too short, it ended just before my knees, and it fit the shape of my body perfectly. "This is for Cassie not Jace." I told Ava. "It's her eighteenth birthday, we all must look our best." I laughed.

Ava nodded her head up and down, "I know," I looked over at her again, "I do know! But Jace will love it to." She winked at me.

I shook my head smiling. "I need to buy this right now. I can't believe I'm buying my dress the day before her party." I sighed quickly running back into the dressing rooms to take the dress off.

It was friday afternoon and Cassie's party was Saturday night. I meant to go shopping earlier but my mind was a mess, and it still is. With Jesse moving here it was making me think alot about my past, which I didn't necessary want.

Once I paid for the dress Ava and I decided to take a break from walking, to go the food court for a bite to eat. "What do you think Bella was going to tell us about Alex?" Ava asked as she shoved a taco into her mouth.

I scrunched up my face shlighty taking another bite of my taco. "I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. "She said she'll tell us later so I guess we'll find out."

Ava nodded her head, "That reminds me." Her eyes locked with mine. "Bella called me earlier today, she wants us all to hang out. I told everyone to meet us over at your house." She thought for a second, "Are your parents home?"

I shook my head slowly, "No, but JJ is." I mumbled and Ava's smile fell slightly. "Usually I would tell him to leave when you are coming over so you two wouldn't have to see each other after everything that happened, or he would just stay in his room but. . ." I stopped myself for second. "I think he wants to talk to you."

Ava opened and closed her mouth deciding on what to say. "I don't know Scarlett." She sighed, "What is there really to say?"

I laughed, "There is a lot to say actually." Ava gave me a weird look from confusion. "A lot more than you think." I shrugged at her. "We got in a really big fight a while ago."

"Oh," Ava gasped. "why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "The point is that he just got home and I don't want him going anywhere. You need to see him one way or another."

Her eyebrows raised, "Is he still in school?"

The correct answer was no. There was a lot going on with JJ and I think he needs time from everything. I know he still feels horrible about what he did to me, but I told him I don't blame him. Adam was blackmailing everyone. "Yes he is." I lied cooly, "He is just taking a break." I knew JJ was eventually going back to college but not right now.