19. exposed

"Stop moving Cassie!" Ava yelled at Cassie as she rolled her eyes pulling Cassie's head closer toward her

"Stop moving Cassie!" Ava yelled at Cassie as she rolled her eyes pulling Cassie's head closer toward her. "Keep your head in this position."

"Do you mind Av?" Cassie hissed back. "My party is starting in a few hours, why are you stressing me out?"

I basically tuned Ava and Cassie out and my mind went to other places. A few hours after I had met with Mia, I was still worried about what Megan had said about Vanessa. Should I try to call her?

"Stop yelling the both of you." Bella shook her head. "All of us getting ready together was suppose to be fun." She frowned.

"It will be!" Zoey stood up clapping her hands together. "You guys need to calm down." She looked down at Cassie and Ava especially. "I'm going to get water or something." Zoey mumbled, "Anyone wanna come?"

I instantly jumped up onto my feet. I couldn't stand to stay here in this room listening to Ava and Cassie argue any longer. "I'm coming with you." I laughed as I followed Zoey downstairs to get the water.

Zoey stopped and looked over at me laughing. "I didn't even want water, my ears were just bleeding." She giggled.

I shook my head at her. "Shame on you Zoey." I then laughed. "But no seriously I could feel my ears bleeding too." I said and we both sat there laughing for a minute until I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I looked up at Zoey again and I felt bad thinking back. "Zoey I've meant to tell you this but I never got the chance." I mumbled and averted my eyes to the floor.

Zoey nodded her head hesitantly. "What happened Scar?" Her green eyes burning holes into my soul. "Did something bad happened happen to you?" She asked gently concerned for me and I smiled at how caring she always was.

I shook my head quickly, "No I'm fine. I just mean I want to apologize." She took a step back from me and gave me a look. I knew she was wondering what the hell I was talking about so I quickly explained. "I know you have feelings for Blake." I mumbled and she got quite.

"How do you know?" She said quietly as her warm brown skin ever so slightly turned a shade a red. It was hard to see but it was there. "I never told anyone."

"I see the way you look at him. I just want to say that I'm sorry that he liked me instead of you. It breaks my heart that you had to hear about that. You know that I never liked him back though?" I asked her desperately. "He only dated Megan to get over me."

Zoey held up her hands. "Calm down Scarlett." She laughed, "You're one of my best friends I could never hate you. I have no idea why you're apologizing because it's not your fault. I know you love Jace not Blake." I nodded my head at her knowly, "Please don't ever tell him. I know he will never feel the same way."

I frowned as I saw the pain in her eyes. "I'm still sorry." A smile spread gently across my face. "You never know."

Zoey shook her head quickly, "I know he doesn't." Her words were cut short by Cassie's voice.