25. try to remember

School today was boring to say the least

School today was boring to say the least. But before I knew it the bell rang and here I was sitting in my car in front of Maddie's apartment. Maddie moved out of her house a few months ago, because of her homophobic parents. To be honest I didn't even know if she was home or not. I knew I should have called first but I didn't. The only reason I really came here was because I wanted to talk to Maddie about Jace. The only way for everything to really make sense was if Maddie talked to Jace about me. I don't know how else Jace would have known who I was.

I got out of my car quickly buzzing Maddie so that she could let me up. "Hello?" Maddie said over the machine. The tone of her voice told me that she was confused. I know she didn't get many visitors because she had just moved here.

"It's Scarlett." I said quickly, and before I could get out another word the door had buzzed open. Surprised I pulled it open and walked into her apartment building. There was an elevator but I decided to walk up the stairs. Once I had reached Maddie's apartment number a sigh left my lips as I knocked.

A few seconds passed and the door opened. I was expecting it to be Maddie but it wasn't. Instead it was a tall slim girl with long curly rose gold hair and stunning hazel eyes. "Oh?" I blurted out confused. "Sorry," I awkwardly laughed. "I thought this was someone else's-"

The girl laughed shaking her head which instantly stopped me from talking. "You're Scarlett Everwood right?" She asked by my surprise and I nodded. "Cool!" She smiled, "I'm Lacey, Maddie's girlfriend. Nice to meet you."

My jaw was about to drop open but I clenched it shut. "It's nice to meet you too." I smiled at her warmly. Maddie had a girlfriend? Wow, if I was going to be honest despite everything that happened I was happy Maddie had found someone she cared for.

"Come in." Lacey smiled at me. I slowly walked into Maddie's apartment. "Maddie just went to use the washroom, she should be back any second." Lacey sat down on a chair as she pointed for me to sit on the chair beside her. "Maddie has told me a lot about you."

I tiled my head at her. I wondered exactly how much Maddie has told Lacey about me. Did Maddie tell Lacey what she did to me? "Oh," Was all I said because I didn't know what else to say.

"Is she bothering you?" Maddie suddenly appeared in the kitchen. "Sorry Scarlett, I wasn't expecting you."

"No I'm sorry." I implied, "I know, I should have called." My eyes traveled over to Lacey. "Should I come back?" I asked standing to my feet. "I didn't know-"

"Don't be silly." Lacey said quickly. "I was just leaving actually."

"Are you sure?" I questioned.

Maddie nodded her head. "Lacey you remember Scarlett, my cousins girlfriend?"

Lacey smiled, "Of course." She said as she got up and gave Maddie a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later babe." Lacey's eyes landed on me once again. "It was nice to meet you."