11. expecting the unexpected

I laughed and shook my head even though he couldn't see me

I laughed and shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "No, you don't really know him like that."

"And you do Scarlett?" He questioned me.

"Yes, actually I do." I sighed because I know JJ was going to freak out. "I talked to him, but it's fine-"

JJ gasped over the phone and quickly said, "What? Are you crazy Scarlett? Jesse Robertson is just like his brother."

I shook my head and clutched my phone harder around my fingers. "I know it's hard to understand JJ but Jesse is completely different. You can't judge someone based on their half-brother."

"I never knew they were half-siblings," JJ mumbled under his breath.

I snorted, "That doesn't even matter. What matters is that Jesse went through the same thing you and I both went through with Adam." I paused for a second and I could tell that JJ still wasn't sure about Jesse. "Please John just come home. I think Jesse would really like to meet you. I think it's best if I see you in person. Mom and dad are also worried sick."

He sighed, "I know, tell them I'm sorry for not calling back, and okay. . . I'll see you soon Scar." He said quickly before he hung up the phone.

I let out a long breath, one that I felt like I've been holding forever. I walked over to my desk and plugged in my phone when I saw the battery was flashing red.

Then I suddenly remembered Jace's diary and how he had written my name in it. I walked over to my bed and looked under it, I grabbed the black book and let out a sigh. It was best if I didn't talk about this diary, until I knew everything.

I opened the diary and flipped through the pages until I saw the page that I was originally on. My eyes scanned over the words.

Blair Edwards never knew who I was, I know that for sure. But I knew who she was and I could hear her voice in my head. I'm shaking my head as I write this because this is so unlike me. To like a girl I haven't talked to, heck I don't truly know anything about her. The only thing that is stopping me from talking to her is that she has a boyfriend-"

I dropped the diary out of my hands when I heard someone call my name. Jace's words coming to a complete stop in my head. I gasped and looked over to see my father standing there with a confused look on his face. "Scar? Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to let you know that JJ called. He's going to be coming home from College to visit tomorrow."

I smiled at my dad because I already knew JJ was coming home. "No it's fine dad, and that's awesome I miss JJ so much."

Dad nodded at me and then his eyes landed on Jace's diary. "Aren't you going to pick that up?" He quickly looked behind him. "Also Jace is here." My eyes widen, "He's coming up stairs right now. . . I'll leave you two alone." He smiled at me one last time before he walked out of my room.