28. there's no going back now

It has been a week since I read the letter that Adam sent me

It has been a week since I read the letter that Adam sent me. Either Adam knew it or not that letter really did help me move on with my life. That is the first time Adam has really ever opened up to me. He himself has never told me how bad his childhood actually was. He was right about a lot of things he said in his letter. I do not forgive him for all the things he's done to my family and I but it is time for me to live my life. He wasn't coming out of prison anytime soon, which made me realize that there is no point in living in the past when I still have my whole future ahead of me.

I am very thankful for the people who have come into my life over this past year, especially Jace. He held me and told me that everything will be alright and I truly believe it.

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I was happy with who I finally was. Although it was hard to sit there and read that letter, I did it and it's done. "Bye Adam." I whispered.

I tiled my head at myself in the mirror. My brown eyes weren't red and puffy. My blonde hair was in its natural curls for once, and my smile was bright.

"Scarlett!" Dad yelled from downstairs. "JJ is leaving now, come say goodbye." I quickly left my room and walked downstairs.

JJ smiled at me brightly. "Hey little sister."

I ran over and gave him a tight hug. "I'll miss you little brother." I said. "Promise me that you'll call as soon as you get there. If you don't call-"

"Okay!" JJ laughed, "I'll make sure to call you." He said and I nodded my head sadly. JJ was moving about two hours away. It isn't too far but I couldn't see him on a daily basis like I was used to. "Don't be sad Scar." He rubbed my shoulder gently. "I'll miss you too Busy B." He whispered in my ear and I laughed. That was a nickname my parents gave me when I was five. "I have to go now." He said slowly letting go of me.

My parents and I both said our last goodbyes before JJ left closing the door behind him.

I felt Dads arms wrap around my body. "It's okay Scarlett, he'll be fine." Dad told me quietly.

"I know." I sighed, "He's going to do great."

---

I held the letter tight in my hands. This was it. I wanted so badly to get into Willow Park College. I looked over Jace nervously. "Jace what if we don't get into the same college? I don't want to be apart from you-"

Jace quickly grabbed the letter out of my hand and opened it. His eyes scanned the paper and then suddenly they lit up. "On regards of our school we would be happy to accept Scarlett Everwood-"

Before Jace could even finish a scream left my mouth. "Are you serious?" I yelled jumping up and down. "Oh my god!"

Jace gave me a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you babe." He beamed. "I have to tell you something though." I looked up at him quickly. "I also got into Willow Park-"