14. don't walk away

"Mia" I said slowly, "Don't walk away from me not knowing what I have to say

"Mia" I said slowly, "Don't walk away from me not knowing what I have to say."

With my words Mia slowly turned around to face me. Her red hair swinging behind her back as she turned around. "Fine, you're right." She whispered, "I'm acting crazy."

I let out a deep breath and nodded my head. Jace was still inside the ice cream shop waiting for me. "I can understand why, but you need to stop running Mia." I shook my head and let out a sigh, "I'm sorry JJ hurt you, but you need to know why."

Mia sighed heavily and nodded her head, "Go on."

I sighed, "I know that JJ hurt you," I paused, "and I'm sorry but there's a reason behind everything."

Mia shook her hand in the air. "That still doesn't make it right."

I held up my hands, "I know, I know but I'm sure it would make you feel much better about this whole thing." I quickly pulled my phone out from my back pocket, my screen lit up before my eyes, as I tapped my screen. "You see this picture that you showed me?"

Mia squinted her eyes at my phone. "Yes I remember that's the picture I showed you of JJ and Adam. The one Adam made me take."

I looked up at Mia, "Adam was also blackmailing JJ." I said slowly and Mia's face dropped slightly. "It's not really a surprise." I shook my head, "You really thought JJ hurt you on purpose?"

Mia rolled her eyes at me. "Listen Scarlett, I know it sounds stupid but I did." She pointed her finger at me. "Don't act like you didn't believe it when I told you."

My jaw dropped and I took a step back. She was right, when I found out about JJ I basically kicked him out of his own home. "That's not what I meant ok? I don't blame you I just wanted you to know JJ isn't the bad guy here."

Mia looked back at the ice cream shop. "I have to get back to work. Isn't Jace in there waiting for you?"

She started to turn away when I grabbed her wrist. "Stop running away from me Mia."

She quickly pulled her arm away from me and let out a heavy breathe. "Call me later, we'll talk later. Not here at my work."

I shrugged my shoulders, fair enough. "Okay sure." I smiled, "Can you please make sure you actually answer?" Mia let out a small laugh as she nodded her head and walked back into the ice cream shop.

- - -

"It's like she's always trying to run away from the truth!" I complained to Jace as he laughed at me slightly. "I'm honestly just trying to help her, she needed to know the truth."

We were currently sitting on the swings at the park near my house. "I meant everything I said back there Scarlett. I love you and-" Jace stopped himself there when a loud gasp left my lips, and as if he had just realized what he had just said he also let out a gasp.

"You what?" I asked nervously.

Jace shrugged his shoulders and turned my head to look up at him. "I love you Scarlett."

My could tell my cheeks were burning as I smiled at him. "I-I" I couldn't even speak at this point.

He put his finger over my lips and I laughed. "It's fine you don't even have to say anything. "I really do love you Scarlett and I only want what's best for you. If Mia doesn't want your help then that's her loss. I can honestly say since I've meet you, you've changed me for the better and I'm really happy about that. Thank you."

I always loved Jace but I wasn't sure if he actually felt the same way about me. "I love you too Jace." I whispered quitely. "You're so sweet."

Jace laughed as he put his hand to his ear. "What was that Scar? I really couldn't hear what you just said."

I hit his arm playfully. "I love you too Jace Walker and I want you to know that." He smiled at me and suddenly his lips crashed into to mine. I could feel deep down that my heart was melting into pieces. But then my mind went back to that girl he had mentioned in his diary. This all started out as a game, but as time passed I just felt really bad. I know if he found out I was still reading his stupid diary he would be mad.

I shook my head as I let out a long berethe. I am overthinking this thing way to much. Now that things are getting more serious between Jace and I, I feel the need to know about his past. Things that he won't just tell me. . .

"Scarlett? You look like you're so deep in thought? Was this whole I love you thing, too fast?"

I frowned, "Of course not." I said as I tightly wrapped my arms about his body. "I love you." I smiled, "You've change me for the better too. You helped me believe in myself, believe that I can actually make it and my whole life doesn't circle around my past. I can be set free because of you."
Jace smiled warmly at me.

"So this is what you wanted me to watch Katie for?"

My arms quickly dropped from Jace's shoulders as I turned my head around to see Cassie standing there holding Katie's hand. Katie quickly let go of Cassie's hand as she came running towards me. "Scarlett!" She yelled as she gave me a tight hug.

I looked down at her and smiled. "Hello princess." She laughed as I looked back at Jace. "So is Cassie a babysitter for your little sister? Where is Blake or your dad?"

Cassie nodded her head and she walked closer towards us. "I know right? It's because our dads work together. Jace and his father think it's okay to use me."

Jace laughed, "My father pays you Cass. It's not like you had anything better to do."

Cassie's jaw dropped as I tried to keep my fit of laughter under control. "Don't be so mean Jace." I smiled.

Cassie shrugged, "Jokes on you because I love watching Katie." She said annoyed as she grabbed Katie out her brothers arms. "Anyway," Cassie rolled her eyes, "to answer your question Scar, Blake needs our help. He came to my house acting all crazy talking about how Megan tried to kill him blah blah. He said he came to my house because, she knows where he lives and she was going to go to his house to finish him off."

Jace and I just sat there for a second before we both burst out laughing. "Cass how did you know we were here?"

She dismissed my question, "That is completely besides the point! Just get your ass to my house immediately."

Jace grabbed Katie and he covered her ears. "Watch your language around her." He laughed and Cassie just rolled her eyes again. "Okay, okay!" Jace held up his hands defensively. "My car is parked over there." He pointed across the street at his car, "My dad should be home soon from work, I'll drop Katie off and we'll drive back to your house."

--

Hey guys long time no talk. I know you most likely don't care but it would mean alot if you read this. I was really stressed about school already and having to put out a chapter on top of that was really stressful for me & I would never put out something I didn't like, so I wanted to wait until I actually had time. But then something happened and it kind of set me back, there was too much stress and it wasn't good for my mental health, so now I'm getting better and happy to be back! I'm going to try so hard to update every week. LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR WAITING!!❤️