9. lies on top of lies

I didn't tell anyone what I read in Jace's diary, not even Jace

I didn't tell anyone what I read in Jace's diary, not even Jace. I really didn't know what to ask him. To be honest I had so many questions to ask him but I didn't really know where to start or how to approach him with this. I mean he had to have forgotten what he wrote or why else would he say I could just keep it? Or did he think I wouldn't read it? I took a deep breath and shook my head. I didn't want to think about that now. If Jace really did know that I was Blair Edwards before I told him, I really don't know how I would feel about that. But I had to trust him on this until I actually ask. It's probably all a misunderstanding.

I sighed and looked over at Bella and she looked back at me giving me a questioning look. "Alex came up to me today-"

Bella's jaw dropped and Jace sighed beside me and looked over at Bella. "Bella control your cousin, you know what happened to him last time." He cut me off.

Bella's face twisted in disgust. "What are serious?" She laughed, "I'm not his mother, and he's my cousin! He's not my brother or anything." Bella looked at me and rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry Scarlett but it's not my fault he has some weird obsession with you. I tried to talk to him now it's not my problem."

I was taken aback by Bella's sudden outburst. I don't know what's going on with Bella, but I just get the feeling that she doesn't really like me, not anymore at least. "I'm-" I paused for second. I wondered if she's been talking to Megan lately. "I didn't say it was your fault Bella. I just thought you should know." She snorted at me and shook her head and that's when I snapped. "What the hell is your problem Bella?" My voice was loud.

Everyone at the table instantly went silent and Bella spoke up. "Well," She chuckled, "You're really the reason why everyone kicked Alex out of this group. How do we even know what you told us was true?"

"Bella I don't really think now is the-" Leo tried to say but I cut him off.

"Oh so this is all about Alex? I guess it's my fault that he's a complete creep." Then I looked at Megan and tiled my head. "What Megan? Have you been feeding Bella your lies about me?"

Blake laughed, "Okay Scar, stop trying to bring Meg into whatever this is right now."

I laughed back at him. "Oh shut up Blake! You don't really know anything now do you?" I looked over at Megan, she looked slightly scared but I shrugged. "Should I tell him or should you?" I didn't even give her a chance to answer. "Why don't I tell him."

"Scarlett you're acting crazy. What are you even talking about?" Jace touched my arm but I quickly pulled it away and looked back at Megan.

"Megan, you knew that Blake liked me all along didn't you? So what's your plan, are you going to take me down so that you can have him to yourself? You have been talking to Vanessa. The girl who pushed me remember? How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like your boyfriend? He liked me!"

Blake gasped and looked at Mgean. "Megan really? I told you that was all in the past." He sighed and looked over at me. "I'm sorry Scar." He looked embarrassed.