03. forgiveness

Banner made by metavallie

"Oh my god!" I almost screamed, but once I realized that I had said that out loud I slapped my hand over my mouth

"What the hell?" Megan said, "Is someone there?" They were getting closer. I could hear Megan's foot steps coming close toward to where I was standing. Like my life depended on it I ran as fast as I could. I knew I should have just gone the other way, now I know something I really did not want to know. I didn't want to go down this road with Blake once again, and to add to the mix Megan was apart of it this time. She probably hated me. She thinks her own boyfriend has feelings for me, I'm suppose to be her friend, not take away someone she likes.

I kept running even though I didn't need to anymore. At the back of my head I knew they were gone, I had left them behind. It was the first day of the new semester and I had new classes, I should have been on time anyway. I pulled out my schedule and checked that the class room I was standing in front of was the class I was suppose to be at right now. I already knew Zoey was in my first period class.

I was already five minutes late. I let out a nervous sigh and knocked once. I could hear that the class inside instantly lowed their volume once I had knocked. Suddenly the door opened wide. "Miss. Everwood is it?" A very tall skinny women asked me who I believed to be Mrs.Hutchinson. I nodded slowly and she continued. "Is there a reason why you're late on the first day of this new semester?" She pulled her glasses further down her nose.

Well yes, obviously there was a reason why I was late. "I mean. . ." I really wasn't the best liar on the spot so I came up with the dumbest excuse ever. "I couldn't find this class." I heard a few snickers coming from the back of the class and a small smile even broke onto my lips. "Well if you don't mind, can I sit down now?"

Mrs. Hutchinson gave me a look but nodded anyway. Once she walked away I scanned the class for a seat and I saw Zoey and I was shocked to see Cassie. Cassie smiled at me and pointed to a desk beside her. I smiled back at her walked toward the desk.

Cassie and Zoey both looked at me and laughed. "Nice one Scar!" Zoey said.

I shrugged, there was no way I was going to tell anyone about what I heard a few minutes ago back in the hallway. "I really just couldn't find this class." I turned over to Cassie. "I never knew you had film class with us Cassie."

"Yeah me too! I just got mixed up." She smiled at me.

I nodded my head, "Oh yeah that happens to me all the-"

"Miss. Everwood! First you come into this class late, and now you're talking while I'm teaching."

Everyone in this class I was sitting in turned to look at me. Even and Cassie and Zoey let out a quite laugh. "Sorry Mrs. Hutchinson." I mumbled.

---

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ava asked me.

I looked at her and smiled sadly. "I think it would be really good for me honestly." My attention suddenly shifted towards the cafe. "There are some things Madison and I need to talk about." I turned to Ava and gave her tight hug. "Thank you driving me Av, even though you didn't need to."

She shook her head, "Not a problem Scar, I thought you might need someone to talk to before you go in." Ava's green eyes locked with my brown ones. "If you need anything just call me." A small smile broke onto her lips. "I'll be back in two hours."

I wasn't going to lie I was very nervous to say the least. Madison and I haven't had a conversation face to face alone in about a year and a half. When she first showed up at Jace's house, I didn't want anything to do with her. I guess she kind of grew on me now.

"Okay Av, I'll see you later." I smiled at Ava one more time before I took a deep breath and opened the car door wide. I slowly stepped out of car, Ava gave me an encouraging look and I nodded back at her.

"Okay Scarlett there's no going back now, you have to go in and do this." I whispered quietly to myself. I walked up the cafe door and pulled it open. I slowly walked in while my eyes shifted right to left.

"Scarlett?" Someone said from behind me, their voice very low.

Before I even turned around I knew it was obviously Madison. "Hey Madison." I said and finally turned around to see Madison of course, sitting at a table for two. I walked towards the table and pulled out a chair. I took a seat in front of her.

She harshly pushed her long black hair behind her ears. "Look. . . Scarlett," Madison looked up at me. "Sorry I'm just used to calling you Blair, but I think Scarlett really suits you too."

A small smile formed onto my lips. "Thank you Madison." I didn't really know what to say after this, so I continued to sit there until she spoke.

She shook she head slightly. "You don't have to call me Madison," She sighed, "no one ever calls me Madison."

That was true, no one ever called her Madison. After everything that happened I felt like Madison didn't hold as much meaning to it as much as Maddie did. "Sorry," I mumbled more to myself. "Look, the only reason I came here was to tell you that you don't have to feel sorry for yourself anymore." My brown eyes locked with her blue ones. "I didn't sleep for days because I just couldn't understand why my best friend whom I've known for years would ever turn on me like that."

"Blair it really wasn't like that-"

"Scarlett!" I corrected her firmly. "It's Scarlett, I'm sorry but you need to let Blair go. You made your choice along time ago." I took a deep breathe and tilted my head just so I could her see her face, her cheeks were a light shade of pink, she looked like she was about to cry any second now. "Gosh stop crying Maddie!" I yelled so loud people in the cafe turned their heads towards me. Maddie sunk herself further down into her chair. I lowed my voice and said. "You are not the one who had to live your life in fear, because of someone you thought loved you. But you slowly have to realize that whatever that is it isn't love. If you really think about it. . . why would someone who loves you hurt you?"

"I really didn't mean for any of this to happened. I-I thought that he would go to jail no matter what. I didn't notice how much I mattered until he was set free." She wiped away the tears that had fallen onto her pink tinted cheeks. "I'm really, really sorry Scarlett. You don't have to forgive me, I just wanted you to know that I know I messed up badly. Back then I was dumb. If my parents found I was. . ." She lowed her voice just a little. "gay they would kick me out. I told them yesterday though." Maddie shook her head. "It's all good because I got a job and I'm moving out." She finished with a deep breathe. "I can't believe I would ever risk your life over something so stupid. I truly am so sorry."

Yes, it was very sad that Maddie's parents didn't approve of her being gay. All parents should love their children no matter what.

"And. . . I didn't want you to think of me differently because-"

A gasp left my lips. "I would never think of you differently because you're gay." Maddie gave me a small smile. "I need to let this all go, only because I need to move on with my life."

---
These chapters are definitely longer. How y'all feel about it?