06. get out

"Scarlett!" Mia got on the ground and pulled me up

"Scarlett!" Mia got on the ground and pulled me up. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean for any of this to happen, but there's more that I didn't tell you yet."

I took a couple of deep breaths and looked up at Mia. "What am I supposed to do now?" I sighed, "JJ is my brother. I mean he's staying at my house because he's taking a break from college."

Mia rubbed my back, "I'm so sorry but like I said there's more." She gave me a sad smile.

My eye widen, "I don't understand what could be worse than this. My own brother lied to me. He knew what Adam was doing to me yet they were apparently friends!"

"Scarlett that's not all. Look I really wanted to tell you but JJ wouldn't let me. He said if I ever told anyone he would let Adam have his way with me." She shook her head, "Adam met JJ through you, JJ told me one day Adam came by your house looking for you."

"What?" I gasped in shock, "I never let Adam anywhere near my house. I told him my parents would kill me if I ever had a boyfriend. I didn't even tell him exactly where I lived. Whenever he would drop me home, I made him stop a street before mine."

"I don't know." Mia shook her head, "I don't know why JJ pretended to hate Adam when he really didn't. But all I know is when I found out JJ cheated on me with Ava, it was the best day of my life. I actually had a reason to leave him."

"Mia I don't understand!" I cried out, "So what you're saying is that even though JJ knew that Adam scared me half to death they were friends? All this time after I changed my name, changed schools, and changed where I lived for god sakes Adam and JJ were friends!"

Mia nodded her head slowly, "I didn't find out all of the story until after. JJ told me he didn't have a choice that he was friends with Adam whether he liked it or not. He made me hang around Adam all the time. He scared me half to death too. There were many times when he would try and do. . ." she paused and pulled out her phone again, "JJ made me take this picture of them." She flashed her phone in my face.

"Adam had to be doing something to JJ right?" I asked desperately.

"I'm not really sure that's what happened. But there is someone else you should know about-"

"Scar? What are you doing here?"

I spun my head around so quickly it made me dizzy, only to see Cassie holding Katie's hand. I forgot Cassie lives around this park and sometimes she watches Katie when no one can. "Cassie!" I smiled and then looked at Katie. "Hey Katie."

Cassie smiled but gave Mia a strange look. I cleared my throat and said, "Cassie this is Mia my family friend." I lied, "Mia this is Cassie my best friend."

Mia quickly looked at Cassie and smiled. "Hey Cassie nice to meet you." Cassie smiled back at her, "Scarlett" Mia looked at me, "it was nice to see you but I have to go."

"Wait Mia-" I called out to her but before I knew it she was already gone.

"What was that all about?"

I took a deep breathe and wiped my face. "I don't know Cass." I got up and gave Katie a hug. "You two have fun, I'll see you at school Cassie."

I turned around but Cassie grabbed my arm. "Are you sure you're okay Scarlett? You look like you've been crying, what did that girl say to you?"

I shook my head, "She didn't say anything, I just hadn't seen her in a long time that's all."

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

This I really couldn't. I had no idea what Mia was talking about, I have no idea why JJ would do this to me. I had no idea about anything. I was lost in my own confusion. But I looked Cassie in the eyes and smile. "There is nothing wrong. I'm completely fine."

---

I was on my hands and knees frantically looking through pictures of Adam and I. I couldn't bring myself to throw them all out. "Where is it?" I yelled so loud my throat felt raw. "I knew it was here before!" I never looked at these pictures I just had them hidden away.

"Scarlett?" JJ ran toward me, "What are you doing, calm down." He touched my arm and I jumped up away from him.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "What do you think you're doing?" I shook my head, "Why are you in my room? Get out."

JJ looked stunned, "What am I doing? What the hell are you doing?" He yelled.

"I'm looking for pictures." I said and turned back around.

"With who Adam? I told you to throw those away. That guy deserves to rot in his prison cell!"

I looked at JJ and laughed hysterically. "Oh John, you are one to talk about Adam."

JJ took a step back from me, "What are you talking about?" He said quietly, "Scarlett tell me what you're talking about!"

"Well let's see," I sighed, "I went to see Mia today." JJ's eyes widen big and he tried to speak but I silenced him. "She told me everything." I cried out, "How could you JJ? You knew Adam scared me to death. Our whole family had to move and still you were talking to him JJ? All the nights when I couldn't sleep thinking he was coming for me, he already knew where I was because of you!"

JJ shook his head, "No Scarlett, please you have to understand it's not like that at all!"

"No it was like that! I was doing so good, I have a boyfriend and I have friends who actually care about me and you had to go and ruin it. I don't even know who you are anymore. You're sick JJ get out."

JJ looked up at me sadly, I could see the hurt in his eyes. "What? This isn't your house-"

"Get out or I'll tell mom and dad! Go back to college!"

He looked at me hesitantly but I turned around. I heard him leave my room and he closed the door behind him.

I didn't understand anything. Suddenly my legs felt weak and I collapsed onto the floor and the only sound left was my sobbing.

---

"Scarlett?" I felt my body being gently shaken, "Why aren't you up yet for school?"

I slowly turned around and looked at my mother and mumbled, "I don't feel well mom, I think I'm going to stay home today."

She smiled sadly at me. "Okay Scarlett one day couldn't hurt." She looked closer at me, "Hey what's wrong? You look like you've been crying all night, and where's your brother? When your dad and I came home all his stuff was gone and he's not here."

I sat up in my bed and shrugged, "He said he's really sorry he left without telling you." I lied, "Apparently he can't get anymore time off of school he had to go back." My mom was still giving me a questioning look. "Mom I'm actually fine. You know when I wake up my eyes are puffy."

"Okay sweetie get up and get some medication." I nodded at my mother and she left and closed the door behind her slowly.

I reached over for my phone and saw three miss calls from Jace and along with a few of my other friends. They were probably wondering why I didn't come to school today without any warning. So I dialed Jace's number.

"Scar? hey, what happened why aren't you at school today?" His words were slow but frantic at the same time. "Did you get my texts? I'm sorry I couldn't come pick you up today."

I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks once again, "Listen Jace there is alot I need to tell you. I talked to someone and they told me a lot of things, things that I didn't want to know. Because now my life is going down the same path I so desperately tired to avoid."

--
Like always thank you for reading! Oh and just in case you guys didn't catch on by now, my update day is on Sunday!