Chapter 17

Jimin's POV

It was Jungkook. My Jungkook! I couldn't believe my eyes. The guy I loved truly was bleeding and in pain right in front of me. The guy I snubbed a few hours ago, who was begging for my forgiveness is breathing faintly. 

"Jimin ahh." Yoongi hyung rubbed my back. "Let's go to the hospital alright? Jungkook is fine. He'll be fine." I still couldn't take in the shock I had just witnessed. I couldn't even cry. 

I felt as if my world was falling apart. It was getting harder to breathe and for no reason I was sweating. I took deep sighs, even though there was a lot of commotion around us I could only hear the sound of my heartbeat. My knees were not strong enough to stand on their own and my eyes blinked slowly. 

"Jimin, are you okay?" said a faint voice. That's the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

In the hospital...

Yoongi's POV

"Sir, you should get your stitches done before it gets infected. Your friend is fine!" said the nurse while I sat beside Jimin who was lying on the bed. This was the third time the nurse had asked me to go but I refused. I didn't want to leave Jimin alone. He must've been shocked to see Jungkook I thought. That's when I realized I should go and check up on him.

"Where is the patient from the accident admitted?" I asked the nurse. "He's being operated. By the way do you know him? We can't get to his family or friends." said the nurse while adjusting the IV drip.

"Umm...yeah I know him. He's my...my friend." I hesitated for a second and took a sigh. No degree of hate is bigger than someone's life. I got up and gazed at Jimin  "Call me when he wakes up."

The nurse nodded and I walked towards to the operation theater. I waited for about 10 minutes when the doctors came out. "Doctor, how is he?" I gasped. "He's out of danger. But we still have to keep him under observation." 

"That's a relief!" I sighed. "You can see him if you want to." the doctor patted my back and walked away.

I didn't have the guts to see Jungkook cause I felt guilty. The conversation we had before Jimin and I left for our so called date was replaying in my mind. 

I asked myself simple questions like 'were my words too harsh?' which led to dark ones like 'was I responsible for Jungkook's accident?' I walked along the corridors exhausted and broken. I wished I could turn back time and not go out with Jimin.

I started to get dizzy and I realized my forehead was bleeding again. I got my stitches done and headed to the general ward where Jimin was. 

As I reached he was nowhere to be seen. I panicked. Where could he possibly go? "Where is he? My friend?" I pointed at the empty bed to the nurse who was passing by.

"He was asking for the guy from the car accident. And..."

"And you let him go? Aren't you supposed to look after the patients? He could hurt himself, do you realize that?" I yelled at her while she looked apologetically at me. I wasn't angry at her but myself. All that guilt and pain accumulated in me was something I could not contain. 

I wanted to apologize to her but I was too embarrassed to even look at her so I walked away to find Jimin. 

I found him outside Jungkook's room sitting on the floor with his knees close to his chest and his face buried in. He was sobbing. I went up to him and squatted down in front of him.

"Jimin, he's fine. Jungkook is fine." I patted his back. He slowly raised his head, his eyes were wet and swollen.

He glared at me as tears trickled down his cheeks. "It's because of me, hyung. I'm responsible for all this. Only if I accepted his apology he would've been unharmed."