Chapter 33

Jimin's POV

We were at the backstage warming up and preparing ourselves for our final performance. "I hope everything goes well" Bogum prayed relentlessly. 

Everyone was nervous and excited but my mind was wavering around Yoongi hyung. These past few days had been so frustrating for me. I was mad at Yoongi hyung and also myself. I couldn't understand why I was feeling jealousy and separation when I was not even in love. Or was I? And over that Yoongi hyung was confusing me even more. 

"Yaah! I just heard BigHit Entertainment's CEO Bang Si Hyuk is in the audience. He's probably here to recruit talented participants." Sungmin shouted in excitement.

This is our chance Jimin. This is our time. Forget everything and concentrate on your goal. Emotions will only ruin you, so shut it down. 

"Let's give our best, guys. We can do this! Hwaiting!" I stood up and we gave each other a group hug and headed to the stage.

Tonight this ends. I don't want to be an emotional wreck all over again.

After the performances~

We gave our best and our performance was loved by all. Other performances were stunning as well so no one knew who the judges were going to choose as the winner. 

Our heartbeats were racing as the MC took the stage to announce the results. Hobi stood next to me as we were all waiting for the winners to be announced.

"You did great, Jimin. I mean you and your team did really well. I wouldn't mind if I lose to you." He smiled. Although I liked his gesture and his compliment but the jealousy that had been building inside of me for the past few days was overpowering his positivity. 

I stayed mum and pretended that I didn't hear him. He kept staring at me for a while waiting for my response but was taken aback by my indifferent and rude behavior.  

"Guys and girls! I have the results you've all been waiting for." The MC announced as he pointed to the envelope. "As you all know the winner gets a 8 Million Won cash prize! So who will be the lucky team? Any guesses?"

The people cheered in enthusiasm for their favorite team. "Let me tell you guys that the judges had a tough time deciding the winner cause we had such amazing performances tonight. I wish we could have multiple winners but then what will be the fun in winning, right?"

He continued. "So without further ado I'll announce the winner." And there was complete silence. Our hearts raced at the speed of a Maserati and sweat dripping from our bodies as he opened the envelope.

"And the winner is..." the classic drum roll music started playing. "NEURON!" he announced and everyone started chanting Neuron in sync.

I was disappointed but the decision wasn't unfair at all. I mean their performance was spot on. I drifted away as J-Hope and his team hugged each other and walked to the stage to collect the prize.

Yoongi's POV

I was gazing at Jimin as they announced the winner. I was happy for Hobi but all I could feel was Jimin's disappointment.  He stood there clapping while Hobi hugged his teammates and then went away. I wanted to run after him to see if he was okay but the way he reacted earlier, I took a step back.

I decided to give him some time alone and not invade his personal space for the time being. And so I headed to my studio where Namjoon was waiting for me.

"Hyung, what took you so long?" Namjoon asked. I shrugged as I didn't tell him where I went. "Anyways, what did you decide about joining BigHit?" He stared at me with those puppy eyes.

I had made my decision. Although it was hard for me but I wanted to grow as an artist, as a producer. 

"Hyung, I won't take no for an answer! Please, hyung!" he begged exposing his dimples.

"Okay." I gave a faint smile not to get over excited but Namjoon jumped off his chair to hug me.

"Thank you, hyung!!"

A/N:
Hey guys.
Are u still enjoying my story. I hope you are hehe. It's my birthday today (22nd March) hehe so i had to publish today ❤️
Thank you for reading and i love you guys! Hope you have a great day 😘