Chapter 30

At the dance studio...

Jimin's POV

I came back after spending my time off with Jin hyung at the cafe. I didn't tell him why I was so wasted the last time we met. We never really updated each other with our life events, we were just feel good friends. We found comfort in each other's company without sharing our secrets.

Our team practised harder as the competition was just a week away and we still had a lot to work on. I had to leave all my thoughts and emotions and concentrate on our performance. It was really important for me and my team. We heard that even the CEOs of big companies like BigHit were going to attend the final show and they may recruit some of the participants.

This was a big opportunity for us!

Sungmin went to the loo and came back shouting in excitement. "Guys! Do you know who's practicing next to our room?"

The other guys surrounded him while I was stretching and warming up for my splits. 

When will they stop swooning over other contestants?

"It's Gwangju's dance king, J-Hope!!!" He yelled.

J-Hope? Jung Hoseok?

"OMG!" screamed Minjun. "He's so fucking hot!"

"Did you see him dance?" said Bogum

"Was he popping?" chirped Jihoo.

"Hey! Hey! What is  all this noise about? Who is J-Hope?" I was all  confused. Why were they so hyped about Yoongi hyung's friend?

All eyes turned on me as if I was missing on something very important. "You don't know J-Hope? You're joking, right?" sneered Sungmin.

My blank face gave it all. I had no idea why was he so popular. 

Bogum rested his palms on my shoulders and shook his head in disappointment. "He is the best dancer of Gwangju or I may say the whole of Korea? It's impossible to beat him at popping! He's the king."

I couldn't believe the guy I gave cold shoulder to this morning, who's competing against us is THE BEST?

Before I could swallow this hard truth Sungmin continued. "He wasn't dancing or anything. He was sitting with a silver haired guy talking and laughing. And I swear when he laughed the room brightened up."

Silver haired guy? Yoongi hyung is here?

"Stop exaggerating dumb fucks! Let's practice." I scoffed. They all rolled their eyes at me and went back to their spots.

Yoongi hyung is here in the studio in the room next to ours and he didn't even care to visit me? He's hanging out with his friend, probably making J-Hope laugh. Arrrrggghh. I hate him and his friend.

"Dude, we are in our spots. Are you coming or not?" yelled Sungmin.

"I'll be back in a jiffy. You guys carry on!" I rushed out hurriedly not knowing what I'll do when I see them. But I just knew I had to see for myself what they were up to.

 I sneaked through the glass door and saw Yoongi hyung cracking up to J-Hope's weird actions and jokes. And my heart sank cause it was always me who made him smile like that, it was always me who made him feel so comfortable. 

Why am I jealous? They are friends, they have a special bond but then why is it affecting me so much?  I should be happy that Yoongi hyung has friends other than me. But I'm not. It feels as if he's slipping away from me, as if he has found solace in someone else's company. And it hurts...