Chapter 31

At the studio...

Yoongi's POV

"I'm glad you are here man. Even though you're not good at advices, you know how to cheer me up." I chuckled. 

When I was at the Genius Lab alone I wondered how quickly things changed between Jimin and I. And how far did I mess up my friendship with him. I needed someone to tell me or assure me that he won't hate me. So here I was with Hobi at his practice, cracking jokes and reminiscing about our childhood days. 

I was trying my best to avoid Jimin cause I wasn't prepared to face him and confront about the other day. I was afraid he would say that he regretted it or he hated it and I wasn't ready for him to destroy my only intimate moment with him. So I thought it was better to avoid than to face the ugly truth.

Days passed and I was still avoiding him, I would reach the apartment at odd hours when he'll be sleeping. I would invite Hobi whenever I had no other option but to stay at home with Jimin.

I made sure we never get to be alone in the same room.

Taehyung's POV

Jungkook was discharged from the hospital today. I was by his side all this time taking care of him and not bringing up 'the talk' we had about a week ago. Although he tried his best to make me feel better but I still wasn't sure if he was ready to completely move on from Jimin.

I drove him to his apartment and helped him settle down. I had already cleaned up the apartment which was a mess and threw all the liquor away cause it wasn't a permanent solution for anything.

I stood up to leave when Kookie grabbed my hand "Tae, please stay. I don't want to be alone."

I had promised myself that after he was discharged I won't even talk to Jungkook until he realizes what he actually wants. But then all he does is stare at me with those puppy eyes and I melt down that easily.

I sat near the couch and watched him sleep.

Love is such a funny thing. It makes you do things which you didn't even think you were capable of. I never thought I was capable of sharing Kookie but I did for the longest time.

Suddenly my phone rang, it was Namjoon hyung. I stood up and went to the balcony.

Namjoon : Tae, where are you? You were supposed to be here for party, remember?

Taehyung : I'm sorry hyung. I can't make it.

Namjoon : Tae, it's fucking important. Everyone is here, our relatives and friends. Can't you just skip whatever you're doing and come to the party? For our parents?

Taehyung : 'OUR' parents? No hyung! They are not my parents, they are yours. They never treated me like their own. I was just a liability. I don't want to be a part of a so called family get together where your parents remind me of  how incompetent and worthless I am. 

Namjoon : Tae, for once forget everything and come home. For me? Everyone is asking for you Tae. And I promise mom and dad won't say a word.

(At the background Namjoon's mom says, "No need to insist if he's not coming, Joon. I'll say he's busy with his work or something. He'll only ruin our mood." Namjoon scorned at her, "Mom for once can't you be nice to him?")

Taehyung : Hyung, thanks for looking after me, it means a lot. But except you no one needs me there.

Namjoon : I'm sorry, Tae. 

Taehyung : Don't be, hyung. I'm used to it now.

I hung up the call as tears rolled down my cheeks. I had never been loved in my life not by my real parents, not by my fake parents. No one. I was just a lonely creature hungry for love.

At once I felt two arms around my belly pulling me closer from back. Jungkook rested his head on my shoulder and kissed it. 

"I'm sorry Tae I haven't been around as much. I hurt you a lot and all you did was love me back. But you won't have to deal with this mess alone. I'm here for you, baby. All of me, I promise."

A/N:
Hey guys!
There are no negative roles in this ff. Jungkook may seem a bad guy (or selfish) but I want to explain his side of the story too. I hope you still like it.

Do vote, comment and share if you like it ❤️