1

My name is Anne Jay Emerson but please call me A

My name is Anne Jay Emerson but please call me A.Jay. My friends call me A.J either way it sounds the same. When I say friends I use the term loosely, For a start I don't have any. Anyway My name is Anne but I never liked it so I make my mum call me A.Jay (Much to her demise). My Mum is called Lucy, She is a nice enough Mother, Well was. Let me start from the beginning. Lucy and I have a rocky relationship, We used to be close as a Mother and her Child could be. 

It all started when she met my Father. I don't know who he is but to me he sounds like a great guy, Blonde shiny hair, molten gold eyes. (I know I think my Mum made this part up) Basically a guy any Women would want. My Mum said the time she spent with him was great but I guess things changed when I was born, To put it lightly he left. I don't know much about him because Mum wont tell me much. I tried to pry on why he left, Maybe he was just a busy guy but she refused to go into any detail. Until now.

"Anne, Please come downstairs. We need to talk" I hear Mum shout. I suddenly feel sick. I hate it when she does this it is never good news. I get up and head downstairs. My Mum stood up from the sofa and looked at me, Her brown Doe eyes glistened under the light. I gulped and walked over.  

"This better be good I was reading this great book about the Gods an-" I started to say but was cut of by her. 

"Enough about those stupid Gods and Goddesses, I should of never brought you those books. All you do is blabber about them. Your just like you Father. You care about no one but yourself and those pathetic books. I have something to say so, Please just shut up." She shouted. 

I nodded. It was best to just go along with everything she says otherwise things could get ugly. I glanced at the vase on the table next to her, It wobbled on the edge as my Mum moved closer. If that Vase fell, I would get the blame. I snapped out of my thoughts as she began speaking again. In a calmer voice. 

"As you know, I have a new Boyfriend. Well he is moving in with his children. You know the twins Zen and Alina?"

 I gulped. Having more people in the house was never a good thing. Everything had to be neat and tidy. "Oh, That is great Mum but where will they sleep? We only have two rooms, Mine and yours. You know I don't like sharing, Don't you remember when you forced me to share with Lulu. (Lulu was one of my Mums friends.) Those walls will be stained forever Mum." 

The light that was glinting of Mums eyes darkened. Her mouth seemed to twist into a menacing smile and her eyes flashed dangerously.

"That's the thing dear, We have thought of this and Zen and Alina are having your room. You are moving out. I don't want someone like you in my house anymore. I stuck with you all these years because I was getting the money but they stopped that now so, Go get your stuff and go somewhere else. I don't want to see you around here again" 

The world around me seemed to slow down. I stared at my mum, Looking for a sign that she was kidding and that she was just getting me back for the time when I dropped her special mug on the floor. I felt tears pricking at my eyes. 

"M-Mum? Please say that this is all some sick joke, I-I know that I get on your nerves sometimes with my books and that I have low grades at school but I thought you still cared about me, Why cant you move in with Jake? He has plenty of space even with the kids." My lip trembled as I spoke. 

My Mum sneered at me and moved closer. She pointed a finger at my chest. 

"You are just like him, I cant have a Demigod living under my roof. Yes that's right Anne. Your Father was a God. I was stupid to fall in love but he put me under some sort of spell with his stupid music, Look where that got me. As soon as I got pregnant he left me. Saying that Zeus needed him. Lies I tell you lies. Now get out before I make you." 

I could not believe what she had told me but I turned away and ran upstairs I quickly grabbed a bag and began throwing things in. My mind went back to all the research I had done at school. Demigods. I never thought that they could be real. Maybe my Mum was just in a bad mood and lying to me. Maybe. A nagging feeling in my gut told me that she was telling the truth. She had been foolish and fallen in love. I feel like I am on one of those T.V shows. You know the Drama ones. I place my phone in my pocket and grab my money box. I shove it in my bag and go downstairs. 

I look at my Mum for the last time before leaving the house. Slowly I began walking down the cobblestone path. Each step felt like I had weights on my feet. My heart ached. My mind was going crazy. I looked back at the house and see my Mum on the phone through the window. She was laughing and smiling. I look away.

Before long I find myself walking through a forest. I had left the City. I was beginning to slow. My eyes growing heavy. I slump against a tree. I don't know how long I had walked for but it felt like forever. I put my bag down and sit down. I look around. The grass glimmered with raindrops and the trees waved in the wind. I close my eyes. Soon enough sleep carried me away.