31

A.Jay and Cyrus put their hands down and remained silent. They felt misplaced. Only the teacher seemed impressed but they both knew that they would be tested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The class broke off into there own conversations as the teacher passed out worksheets. They had to name all the Gods of Olympus which should be easy. 

Cyrus moved his chair over to Opal and A.Jays table, He was very good at ignoring the glares he was receiving. Both him and A.Jay flew through the worksheet. Some of it was in Greek so they had no problem. Opal on the other hand was struggling. 

Cyrus took up a conversation with A.Jay about camp, The two forgot that they where in a classroom and started talking about how they needed to train. Cyrus brought up about how he needed to message Percy. 

Opal listened to the conversation and got worried when Cyrus mentioned swords and axes. A.Jay was nodding along as if she understood. Which she did. Opal thought he was crazy. Every now and then she copied bits and pieces from A.Jays sheet. It confused her how her friend knew so much about it. She had practically wrote a whole essay on the God Apollo.

"Hey A.Jay. I have a joke. Why is the God Apollo so full off himself?" Cyrus asked the blonde girl. Opal listened in and from basic teaching she recognized the name. The sun God? 

A.Jay rolled her eyes. "I swear Cyrus.." 

Cyrus ignored A.Jays slight anger. "He basically resolves around the sun." 

Opal didn't get the joke but she did notice that A.Jay did and that her best friend had a angry look on her face. Why was she getting so annoyed at Cyrus about some stupid joke?

A.Jay put her pencil down and turned to Cyrus. She leaned close to him and whispered something into his ear. From Opals Knowledge A.Jays threats where very scary. Cyrus's face turned pale and he looked really worried. 

He laughed it off though and grabbed his pen and began finishing the worksheet. A.Jay looked around the room.  A couple of the girls where staring at Cyrus and she could basically see them drooling. She felt sick and nudged him. "Seems like you have a fan club.." 

Cyrus looked up and stared back at the girls. He didn't seemed to fazed but he also didn't try to get a reaction. "Don't worry about them. They all seem a bit bitchy." He moved closer. "That one is wearing to much makeup she is orange.." He whispered the last part which caused A.Jay to choke.

Opal looked at the pair and felt abandoned, The feeling didn't last long because Cyrus turned his attention to her. His brown eyes boring into hers. "So, Opal..Need help?" 

Opal nodded. She hated to admit it but she had no idea who any of the Gods where. "Don't you guys think that this is a bit far fetched?" She expected A,Jay to agree with her like she used to do back in the day instead her and Cyrus shared a look. 

"Not really.." A.Jay mumbled as she read over Opals sheet. "Here, The God of the Underworld is Hades, He is part of the big three. Zeus and Poseidon. Zeus is God of the skies and Poseidon is the God of the Sea." She pointed to differn't facts on the sheet and circled a few. She then looked at a picture of Apollo, It was your standard image from google but she found it funny. She stopped laughing and explained. "Okay so this is Apollo..He is the God of Poetry, Music, Healing and much more. He had a twin sister called Artemis. Blah blah." 

Opal felt confused. How did A.Jay know this stuff. She took notes on what she was saying. A.Jay went back to her own sheet and Cyrus started speaking. 

"You see that picture there..That is the Goddess of Wisdom. Her name is Athena. She turned Medusa into the Gorgon that she is today. It is quite the story." He then started to explain about the tipping scales and a women called Nemesis but Opal got bored.

"Why is she so important? From what I have read the main Gods are better than the minor ones. I mean Magic? Who is Hecate? Nemesis doesn't seem that important to me." 

A.Jay placed her pencil down and because of her quick reflexes she grabbed Cyrus. Opal looked at him and gave him a confused look. His normal calm attitude was replaced with pure anger. 

A.Jay whispered a few things into his ear and he calmed down. He didn't return explaining things to Opal he carried on furiously writing facts about his Mum. He knew that Opal had no idea about Nemesis being his Mother but it still made him angry when people disrespect her. If A.Jay was.'t around...He got angry when it came to his mum. He had never met her yet felt like he had a duty to spread the word. 

Opal felt the urge to question his anger but a look that him and A.Jay shared caused her to bite her toungue. As the minutes passed on she was growing more and more angry, curios and bitter. What did she not know? She was determined to find out. 

Suddnely a girl walked over to Opal and struck up a conversation. A.Jay listened in and found the girl annoying. Her name was Janis and she was loud and talkative. She was looking at A.Jay with a strange look and when her eyes landed on Cyrus she stared for longer than she should. 

"So, Opal. Have you told A.Jay about what you did when she left?" The loud girl exclaimed. A.Jay looked over at the girl and raised her brow. She reminded her of Joe and River. Ew. 

Cyrus leaned against his desk and closed his eyes. He was so tired. 

"Janis...Please?" Opal begged. Her eyes looked scared..Alarmed. A.Jay had seen that look before. When the two where younger. Lucy was shouting at A.Jay and Opal was around at the time. It was over a smashed vase. 

A.Jay decided to put a stop to the conversation because she hated seeing her best friend upset and because her annoyance was starting to set in. 

A.Jay stood up and twirled her pencil in her hand. Cyrus sat up and looked on gaurd.  Janis seemd to think that A.Jay was curious and walked over to her. She was about to speak to her but A.Jay shut her down. 

"Whatever Opal did when I left is her buisness. She can tell me in her own time okay? You have a problem with her then you can come to me. Ill set you straight." 

A.Jays words filled the classroom. Everyone but the teacher was listening. A few people stood up to dfend Janis others just listened in .

"She was so lonley. How could you just leave her! You show up and act as if nothing has happened." Janis sneered getting in A.Jays face. 

A.Jay who was known back at camp for snapping easily snapped and grabbed the girl. She shoved her against the wall and the world around her faded. Her anger blinded her and she only saw the face of an enemy. "You don't know me, I don't know you. You know what does want to get to know you? My fist." 

Janis laughed. She was to cocky for her own good. "You have to be joking. A puny kid who ran away from home because of mummy issues think she can fight me. Back down kid. My friends will beat you in no time." 

A.Jay hated the fact that people underestimated her.  She had gone against bigger creature's than this girl but she had to hide it.  If she used her full strength the girl would most likely not wake up.

A. Jay felt a hand on her shoulder but she ignored it.  "Like I said.  Walk away or my fist will enjoy meeting your face. "
Janis pushed A. Jay and walked back to her friends. 
Cyrus pulled A. Jay into her seat but didn't tell her off.
Opal sat in shock.. No words came.. A. Jay had changed.  She picked fights now?