24

I shake my head and wipe away the tears. "Its fine. If you need me I will be in my cabin. Alone." I grabbed the bag and walked to the cabin.

People where looking at me but I ignored them or gave them glares. I was no longer the happy, outgoing Apollo kid. I guess it wouldn't of mattered if he never came back because right now it seemed like he wasn't even around. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt like the world around me was crumbling, Everything seemed dull.  I had been 2 weeks since Joe returned and I had not seen him or anyone else. I had stayed in my cabin and asked Will if he could ask everyone to stay away. He agreed but I could tell he was not happy. 

Days like today I wish that I could vanish and never come back. Will kept me in the loop about what was going on around camp but nothing caught my attention. He tried to get me to go outside but to no avail. I didn't see the point in going out there. 

I felt stupid. To think that Joe could ever actually be my friend or even like me. Maybe everything Damien had told me was lies to make me feel better. 

I slept most of the days away. I was truly broken. The littlest thing had been enough to tear me down. Will told me that I had a case of depression which didn't surprise me. I felt numb, I cried for no reason and I felt like I was not good enough. Maybe I was just a sad human. 

The cabin door creaked open and my Half-brother Austin walked in. He looked at me and smiled a small smile. I knew he was only here to collect his things. He was going training. He didn't speak to me and walked back out. Not many of my siblings spoke to me anymore. Soon I would be forgotten. 

I sighed and sat up, I pulled my legs closer to me and listened to the people chatting outside. 

"Hello A.Jay." 

The sudden voice made me jump. I looked up and was met with my dad. It turns out I was rubbing the ring so it was brought to his attention that I needed him.

"Sorry Dad but I don't need you." I mumble and look away. 

I felt him sit on the bed. "But you do. I am worried. The other Gods of Olympus have been talking about you, They hoped that you would be okay by now...Whats happening?" 

I look at him. I had never had a parental figure who wanted to help me before so I was feeling pretty strange. He didn't look like he was here to judge me.

"I don't know what is happening..I thought I would be happy that Joe is back but it turns out it has only made me feel worse. He didn't even try to speak to me."

 As I rambled my feelings to my Father he listened and gave me advice on certain things. "Go out there and show them that you are more than just a broken girl, Prove them wrong. Show them that you are that strong girl that came to camp a few months back before you met Joe. " 

I smiled at him. His words made sense. "You know, You sound like your sister Artemis." 

Apollo gasped and faked a dramatic scene. "No! Not again." He smiled at me. "For real though be glad that it is me coming to see me. She wanted to. I think she wants you to join the hunters" 

I gulp. "I may be hurt from a boy but that doesn't mean I don't want love." 

Apollo was quick to agree with me. "Yes. Remember if you need me just call. " 

I nodded and looked away as he turned into his real form and vanished. He was right. If Joe was going to ignore me I would show him what he is missing. I would show everyone that I didn't need him to make me happy. If he wants to be my friend he would have to speak to me and try harder.

I got up and got changed into a camp t-shirt and some black shorts as the weather was nice. I put on my combat boots. The cabin door opened and Will walked in. He looked at the bed then looked at me. A grin spread across his face and he walked over and hugged me. 

"Will can you pass me my Bow and Quiver?" 

Will nods and goes to fetch it. He returns and hands me it. "Its good to see you up but what changed your mind." 

I grin. "Dad did. He gave me advice. It would of been Artemis but he saved me apparently." 

Will laughed and for once so did I. 

"Come training?" He questions.

 I nod and the two of us head outside. Not many people where awake but the ones who where smiled at me and pointed. 

Will dragged me to the archery course and for a few hours we hit targets and got our frustrations out. 

We took a break and sat on the grass. We talked for awhile before Nico came up to Will and requested to speak to him. He still wasn't speaking to me even though Joe was back. That hurt. 

When Will had gone I felt the sadness beginning to creep up on me. I tried to distract myself by shooting the arrows but I missed most of the targets. 

I gave up after that and threw my bow on the grass, along with the quiver causing the arrows to fall out.  I look over the camp and see Damien walking with Terri. The two where pretty close and as I watched Terri took his hand and began holding it. They looked very happy. 

The two were walking over to me. When Damien saw me he looked surprised and let go of Terri's hand and ran over. He picked me up and spun me around. "Your actually out!" 

He put me back down. I looked over to Terri who looked a tad jealous but she smiled at me when she noticed me looking at her.

"So you two a thing now?" I question as Damien pulled Terri closer towards him. 

Terri nodded and looked at me as if she was watching for my reaction. 

"About time." I mumble. Damien laughed at me whilst Terri gave me a confused look.

I ignore her and look at the targets that I had missed. 

"So A.Jay, How are you feeling?" Damien asks me drawing my attention back to him. 

I shrug. "Im fine." 

Damien seemed to see through my lie but Terri didn't. "Hey Dami, Can we go sword practice now?" 

Damien nodded and the two muttered a goodbye before walking off.

I was glad that Damien was with someone. I just wished I was too. My mind flashed back to the time I first met Joe and how he was happy that I wanted to be his friend. How the times have changed. Hopefully we would be friends in the future.