60

Cyrus woke up to that annoying beeping sound, He couldn't feel his legs. He glanced around the room and memories flooded back to him. He had nearly killed Joe and Opal. He looked around and saw people in beds that looked like him. Hospital. Great. 

He recognized Riley and Darren, They had the two beds either side of him. As he scanned the people in the beds more he noticed that some had blankets pulled over their heads. Damien was sitting up in his bed and he waved at him but only got a small smile back. Damien clambered out of his bed and walked over to him.

"It is good to see the old you man." He mumbled giving him a small smiled. Cyrus nodded. As he looked at Damien closely he noticed the red surrounding his eyes. He had been crying. 

"I can't feel my legs Damien." Cyrus muttered touching his legs. Damien winced. Opal had stabbed him in a place that could paralyze him. 

"I know." He mumbled in response. Cyrus looked up at him with wide eyes and he hit his legs furiously trying to feel something.  

Damien grabbed his arm roughly causing him to stop. He lay back in his bed in defeat. "Where is Joe?" 

"Outside. I will get a doctor." Damien replied shortly and walked out of the room. Cyrus was panicking and when the doctor walked in with a nurse pushing a wheelchair he feared the worse. 

The doctor gave him a sad look. "Cyrus Lian..I have some bad news for you. You have been stabbed and are paralyzed. It may not be forever if you practice walking and do the treatments you need to do but for now you will have to be in a wheelchair."

Cyrus's eyesight went blurry and he  noticed that he was crying. He wiped away the tears and looked at the wheelchair. The nurse helped him out of his bed and he was put into the wheelchair. He thanked them even though he didn't want to.

The nurse and the doctor left discussing about how this was a major tragedy. Boy they didn't even know. 

Damien sat on a chair watching him but Cyrus couldn't meet his eyes. Joe walked in eating a taco which surprised Cyrus he threw one at Damien who caught it with ease. 

Joe took a seat beside Damien and looked at the beds with people in who had blankets over their heads. "Who are they?"

Damien's face paled he gestured for Joe to stand and the two walked over to the beds, Cyrus followed pushing his wheelchair slowly. 

Damien pulled the cover back on the first bed. He recognized the red head immediately. Her eyes lay open, staring blankly ahead. Damien then moved over to the second bed and pulled the sheet off. Laying on the bed with glass shards stuck in her was A.Jay. Her eyes were closed, her skin was deathly pale and her body was bruised and bloodied. 

"Dead?" Cyrus managed to choke out. 

Joe shook his head. "A.Jay is in a coma..We fear that ..River is..Dead." 

Cyrus felt his body shake, Damien put the covers back over the lifeless girls, He had tears in his eyes.

Joe took hold of Cyrus wheelchair and wheeled him out of the room leaving Damien to his thoughts. 

Damien pulled the sheet off of River. He placed a hand on her cheek and looked into her glazed over eyes. "Please don't be gone. I miss you already. Your pranks...Your joyfulness. Please come back to me." 

She didn't respond. He sobbed and placed a hand on her head. "River please. Survive this." 

He looked at her, Her eyes closed and she coughed. She re opened them and looked at Damien. "Damien, Damien is that you?" 

Damien's heart stopped. "Yes, Yes it is me." 

"Wake up Damien. Please wake up." 

Damien gave her a confused look. "I am awake" 

River shook her head and smiled sadly. "I love you Damien, I wished I could of told you sooner but I am gone now, I will only be able to see you in your dreams. Please be happy for me." 

Damien closed his eyes and pinched himself, He reopened his eyes and found himself passed out on the floor with a concerned looking Joe looking over him. 

"I would of given you CPR..but I don't think you would want that." He muttered. 

He scrambled upwards and looked over to River, Her monitor was going but it was a continuous beep. Joe placed a hand on his shoulder. "She is gone mate, I am sorry." 

Cyrus wheeled in on his wheelchair and smiled sadly. "We must contact camp soon, Tell them what has happened. 

Damien shook his head. "No, River..She is alive." 

Joe gave him a confused look as his friend ran out of the room. He looked over to River. He felt her presence in the room but it wasn't human. "She may not be alive but she will always be by our side." He mumbled. He looked around the room and he swore he saw her standing there smiling at him. He blinked and she was gone. 

Cyrus was rubbing his eyes. "You saw her?" Joe asked him, Cyrus nodded and they both shivered. "Does this mean she hasn't gone to the underworld?" 

Joe nodded. "She lingers around earth...They may be a chance to bring her back.." 

A loud noise broke the eerie presence in the room. The boys turned to A.Jay. She was sat upright, He white eyes glowing brightly. "Father won't allow me to die" She muttered to herself. Her body shook. "LET ME DIE!" 

Joe and Cyrus gave each other a scared look. A.Jay didn't seem to notice them. She contined rambling. What came next scared them. 

"Three Shall travel to the land and beyond,

To find the Rose that held a secret.

To bring back a soul that is still lingering. 

The dead will no longer stay dead, they are restless.

One will overcome their greatest fear, 

Two shall fight .

Find the Rose and peace or war will follow. "

A.Jay coughed and her eyes returned back to normal. The boys stared at her with worry and Damien ran into the room. A.Jay gave them a confused look. "What happened?" 

Joe coughed. "You just said a quest..Which is weird." 

Damien was mumbling about how the Rose can bring River back. 

"Three shall travel?" Cyrus mumbled. "Well, It must be A.Jay as the first person. We will decide who to pick when we get back to camp." 

Everyone nodded and they fell into silence.