37

Cyrus couldn't hear anything. She was dead. She had died. He would never get to tell her how he felt. They would never get back to camp. He would but she wouldn't. He felt numb.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe felt empty just like Cyrus. He couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't adding up. He could sense that a part of A.Jay was still around. Where? He didn't know. He knew that the blame would be put on him. The demon had made him do terrible things and he wasn't expecting forgiveness. 

Cyrus was numb, A empty void was missing in his heart filled with darkness and vengeance. He couldn't take it on Joe because he wasn't in control of his actions. He felt like raining death on everyone but that was not the way. If only his Mum would give some advice. He had never really spoken to her before and he needed her more than ever.

Opal was in a bad shape but it was hard for anyone to see underneath her 'cheerful' disguise.

A.Jay on the other hand, Who is only appearing as dead in the real world is alive and well in the Underworld with Joe and Nico's father Hades. Hades had put out a message to Chiron telling him the sad news and the good news. 

The bad news: A.Jay was dead.

The Good news: She would be teleported to camp under Hades permission and safety and that no one must know. 

A.Jay knew that it was going to be weird that her soul will reach the camp before her body, Her body will vanish from the hospital bed and appear in the Apollo cabin where the medics will take over. From what Hades had told A.Jay only Will, will be finding out. Only because they need a medic and because he is Nico's boyfriend. Nico will most likley know about A.Jay as he is currently with his father. 

"Lord Hades...Won't Joe, Cyrus and Opal find it weird that the body vanishes?" A.Jay asks the kind of the Underworld. He turns to her and gives her the friendly but sinister smile. 

"Joe and Cyrus will be called back to camp for your 'burial'...That girl Opal..Mortal you say? Strange. Anyway she will most likely go home and be called on the news? A.Jay she might have to belive that you are dead..Forever." 

A.Jay smiled at the King, He was scary but also kind once you got to know him. He was very misunderstood. "I will call upon her after a few months or so..Maybe Chiron will call her up once he is out of town and tell her the good news." 

Hades nodded and took a seat in his throne, beside him was the beautiful Persephone. She always put him in a better mood. Hades had given A.Jay a small seat next to Nico who was giving her strange looks. He was slowly annoying her.

"Nico? Do you mind?" She whisper yelled to the boy. He blushed and looked down. 

"Sorry. I just feel bad at yelling and being mad at you. I hope you forgive me. I was going to tell you but well you are kinda a ghost..." He mumbled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't hold grudges..only on certain people." She replied with a sad smile. 

Nico frowned, His eyes showing understanding. "Joe didn't mean it. A demon escaped and caught him. He isn't as trained as me and Hazel." 

"Hazel?" A.Jay questions. He shrugs as a response and she knew that she wasn't going to receive one. 

                                                                                *** (Joe, Opal and Cyrus)

Joe, Opal and Cyrus where sat around the bed, half excepting A,Jay to shoot up and say it was a prank but they knew that is what they were hoping for. Joe was acting weird and so was Opal. Cyrus didn't think that it was just because of the death of A.Jay but he ignored it and shot Opal a confused look. Opal blanked him and continued to look around warily. Was something happening to her? She wasn't a demigod, She was a mortal who had weird and magical animals in her house. Was something protecting her? He remembered a time where he was protected, Not by Gods but by spirits from completely different realms. He couldn't wrap his head around it but he knew it wasn't right. He hoped that he was wrong about the spirits as they turned on him and tried to kill him. If it wasn't for his best friend..He would be dead..Just like his best friend. He snapped out of his thoughts. Since A.Jays passing he was having the bad memories and flash backs that she had put a stop too. How was he going to cope?

You see..Cyrus was good at hiding his true feelings. Everyday he would wake up, force a smile and go out, live his life and then go back to bed..His bed was the only place he showed his true feelings. That why he went out of his way to try help A.Jay. She was getting better, Happier even. She was even getting better at the mention of Joe but in the end it was him that killed her. Literally. 

Cyrus felt bad for his thoughts, Joe was stabbed too so why wasn't he dead? 

"We should get back to Camp.." Joe muttered. He stood up and grabbed A.Jays bag. He slung it over his shoulder and left.  The room felt strange, Cyrus felt like someone was watching him and Opal and he knew that Opal was feeling it too. She wasn't good at hiding things.

"Cyrus...She may of not said it but she cared for you deeply. You where more than just her rebound friend. You meant something to her and if she was still alive she might of even chose you over Joe in the future. I would hate to think what would happen if she would of chose Joe. He may change again.." 

Cyrus felt like breaking down right then and there but he had to remain strong for Opal's sake. "She cared for you too. The day I met her.. She was planning to come to yours. She never forgot you, You will always be her best friend no matter how many people come in and out of her life. Tonight you showed your loyalty to her. She forgives people you know? The argument..She will have already forgiven you. This was not any of our faults. I was her protector but I am no satyr..They protect. I am just another troubled kid. I think that is why she was afraid to tell you, In case you left for good." 

Opal looked at the ground. What she was thinking was a mystery, Cyrus just hoped his words has helped her a bit. He smiled at her and gave her a quick hug. "Oh and Opal? If I ever come back..I wan't to see you and Wilson together." He passed her a bag of drachmas. "Go to a foantain and say 'Oh Iris rainbow goddess show me camp-half blood. Cyrus Son of Nemesis. If you ever need me" 

With those last words said he turned and walked out the door, leaving a sad Opal behind. He met Joe outside in the car parking lot. It took all his power not to hurt him. He took deep breaths and smiled a small smile at him. "Lets go"