38

With those last words said he turned and walked out the door, leaving a sad Opal behind. He met Joe outside in the car parking lot. It took all his power not to hurt him. He took deep breaths and smiled a small smile at him. "Lets go"   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe and Cyrus had started their journey to camp. It was a long journey, a difficult one at the least but the boys were used to it the only thing pulling them down was the sadness that A.Jay wasn't around bring the usual joy she brought with her. 

Joe was swishing his sword around and hitting it of tree's. Cyrus was slowly getting angrier and angrier at the boy. 

"Will you cut that you already!" He yelled at him. Joe stopped swinging the sword and marched over to Cyrus. He grabbed him by the hem of his shirt and pinned him up the wall. His eyes turned black, a small smirk on his face.

"My bad..." Joe shook his head. The eyes faded and he let go of Cyrus. "Sorry man the effects of the demon.." 

Cyrus ignored his excuses. "Just shut up okay?" 

Cyrus knew better than to get angry, He had been trained to remain cool no matter the situation. Lately things were just to much and Joe was not helping. Cyrus pulled the gem on his necklace and with a loud clang a shimmering white handled purpleish sword came into view. 

"Try me again and you will taste my blade." He grumbled to the boy beside him. "I killed the demon Joe, You have always been like this." 

Joe didn't respond but Cyrus knew that he had gone to far. "Sorry.." 

Joe shook his head and sighed. His brown eyes glistened with sadness. "You are right, No one at camp likes me. Nico has to because he is my half-brother. A.Jay was the only one who ever liked me for who I was. She gave me a chance and I blew it. Something isn't right with her death. She may of looked dead but I still feel her soul." 

Cyrus felt like Joe had just poured a cold bucket of water onto him. He shivered and pushed himself to walk faster. As much as he wanted to believe that A.Jay was alive. He couldn't. 

***

After a few hours of walking Camp Half-blood came into view. Cyrus's legs felt like jelly. They had traveled in silence in the end. Everything was to depressing. At the sight of the camp Cyrus felt his heart skip a beat. His anxiety gone. Joe had sped up and was leaving Cyrus behind. 

Now Cyrus wouldn't of minded but since he was new and as soon as he came he had left with A.Jay he knew no one. As much as he hated Joe he felt like he should stick to him. At least until he makes some real friends who won't try killing each other. 

Joe seemed to have the same idea as he slowed down and let the slightly younger boy catch up. The two walked into camp and all heads turned. The news of A.Jays death didn't seem to have spread to camp yet as everyone walked over warily looking at Joe and giving Cyrus a confused look. He had met a few campers but not many. 

He recognized one of A.Jays friends. Damien. He was standing next to a petite girl with long brown hair, startling bright eyes and slightly bigger ears than the average human, Terri. The two walked over with big grins on plastered upon their faces and holding hands. His stomach did a somersault.