67

Theodore laughed at her expression and began running out of the cabin but tripped over a box. He landed with a loud thud and A.Jay grabbed a slice of the mud cake and splattered it all over him.

Lets just say Chiron made them clean it all up and was very unimpressed. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.Jay woke up feeling groggy. She and Theodore had to clean the whole cabin every part of the Apollo cabin, even the bits that were not messy. This annoyed both of the young demigods. After the cleaning and after Theodore had left A.Jay went straight to bed and slept without nightmares which was a surprise but alas she woke up feeling horrible. 

"A.Jay get up! You have been in bed long enough." Riley shouted and jumped on her bed. Riley was also a Child of Apollo. Since being claimed she had been on a dangerous task. Not a quest but it was to find someone. It was the day she met Opal and Opals life became in danger from Joe's unwanted brother Blu. A.Jay didn't even know that Joe had a brother but that night will always be in her memory.

As A.Jay thought more she thought of Opal and smiled. The two had been best friends for ages. Her frown quickly turned into a frown when she remembered that she hadn't contacted her since the fight. Was she okay? Hurt? Normal? or was she simply scarred for life after what she witnessed. It was uncommon for mortals to see demigods in action or even fight demons but it seemed like Opal could see through the mist and had participated in the fight. Everything was fuzzy. The fight seemed so long ago that she could only remember Blu and the fact that River was supposedly dead. Unlike Joe who kept saying that she was in fact alive and was just trapped and the fact that her and the crew had to go on a quest to the Underworld to get the black rose and save something. Was it River? Or someone else. A.Jay had no idea. 

She clambered out of her bed with a groan and pushed her sister away. "Go away Riles. I am not in a good mood." 

Riley acted fake hurt and left A.Jay to it. She did not want to get a arrow shot at her or be made to dance around the camp for a week. No instead she went to see Darren. The son of Athena. He was with his sister Alexia sitting outside their cabin seemingly reading. Both had two piles of books beside them and where scribbling notes in each one. Riley approached the two and tapped Darren's shoulder. He placed the book down and looked at her with surprise. 

"Hey Riley. How it hanging." He said as he handed her a copy of a book. She took it and read the title. 'The Hanging Tree'. 

"Very inventive Darren." Riley replied with only a small smile which confused the boy. Normally Riley was laughing and all bubbly about his jokes but today she just handed him back the book and sat down crossed legged beside him and Alexia. 

Alexia placed her book down and looked at Riley. "Darren told me you are normally really outgoing. I have noticed this to since we last spoke. What has got you down." She placed a hand on Riley's arm but Riley took no notice. 

"I am fine guys. Really just not my day I guess." She stood up and Darren followed bidding goodbye to his sister. Alexia grabbed her book and blocked out the world by reading. 

Darren followed his best friend into the woods. "Woah Riles, You only have a dagger. If a monster comes.." He stopped speaking as Riley shot him a death glare.

The two walked in silence until Riley broke it. 

"I am sorry Darren, About being moody. I guess I just don't always feel like being happy." 

Darren nodded and placed a arm around her shoulders. "It's all good. Don't stress about it. Everyone has bad days. Even yours truly does." 

Riley rolled her eyes and shoved him into a tree. He grunted and shoved her back so she landed with a thud on a flower bed. The two glared at one another before laughing.

A loud roar broke apart the laughter and instead sent chills down the teens spines. Both scrambled to their feet and ran towards each other. They saw the monster fly out of the trees. Immediately Darren recognized it as a demon, whom which they had fought back at Opals house. 

The two stood back to back and circled around as more creatures came into view. "Guess we disturbed their peace." Darren joked but was shut up by Riley. 

"Shut up Darren, Our lives are in danger. Its me and you against ten of those." 

Darren gulped and pulled out his sword. It shone brightly in the sun. Riley pulled out her dagger. It was nothing impressive but she threw it at one of the demons and he crumpled to dust.

"Bring us A.Jay!" One of them growled. 

Darren snickered. "What has your sister done now." 

Riley shrugged and ran for her dagger and stabbed another. "She is the closet to Opal. Maybe that's why. Maybe Opal is in danger?" She back flipped as a demon lunged for her. She kicked it and stabbed it quickly. Darren charged at a monster and sliced its head off. 

"We need to go speak to Joe maybe he knows." Riley shouted to Darren who was busy fighting a large monster. She watched as he sliced its head off. The two both attacked the last one together but it shadow traveled away and left them both panting for air. 

"This is not good." Darren mumbled. Riley nodded no longer in her mood. She grabbed Darren's arm and dragged him back to camp. The two shouted for Joe and A.Jay.

Joe stumbled out of his cabin looking tired whilst A.Jay glowered at the two. 

"What!" Both A.Jay and Joe shouted in unison.