The Ball

Your P.O.V.

"Why all the bum faces?" Erza asked as we were getting ready for the ball. I didn't even bother responding. I was too deep in thought.

-Flashback-

"Will someone please explain to me what happened?" An angry Laxus asked as he marched towards us.

"What are you even talking about?" Asked an annoyed Sting.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" Laxus spat as he got in Sting's face.

"Actually we don't" Rogue interrupted in a soothing voice. "Please tell us what you are talking about and we can have a conversation like normal human beings."

"What connection do you bastards have with my sister?"

-end flashback-

"(Y/N)!!!!!" I shook my thoughts out of my head and looked at Erza.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem so... Out of it."

"Just... deep in thought I guess." I sighed.

"I don't know what happened but you need to put it behind you. We are all here for you and always will be. Besides, you don't want to worry the two dragon slayers with feelings for you." Erza reassuringly, then she placed her hand on my shoulder firmly but kindly. "You can't be depressed about this forever you know. You'll worry everybody. Especially Natsu and Sting." And with that, she left. I sighed and brought my knees to my chest then rested my head on them and sighed loudly.

-flashback-

"SHE WHAT!?" Laxus screamed and Sting flinched.

"She died," Sting said quietly. His voice was shaky and you could tell that tears were threatening to fall. "And... I-it was my f-fault. I'm so sorry." Sting looked down and a tear escaped his eye. "Becuase I was too weak." I turned and looked at Laxus. He looked like he was going to kill somebody.

"Laxus." I grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. His glare softened. He rubbed his temples and squeezed my hand. There was an awkward silence. Laxus broke it by sighing loudly.

"If she died then why is she here right now holding my hand?"

Rogue and Stings eyes darkened and they both looked down. Sting mumbled something that was inaudible to me. Apparently, Laxus heard it because his eyes widened.

"What? Did you just say what I think you just said?" Laxus asked with a shaky voice. "Say it again."

"I'm so sorry!" Sting was practically balling by now.

"Say it again!" Laxus demanded more forcibly.

"Zeref." Rogue mumbled. "We went to Zeref."

"W-what?" I asked. My heart started pounding.

"We went to Zeref and asked him to bring you back," Rogue said. His voice was full of shame.

"We couldn't stand you being dead," Sting added between sniffles. "We needed you an-"

"What did he do?" Laxus growled as he interrupted Sting. By now my heart was beating out of my chest and sweat was rolling down my face.

"He cast a spell on her," Sting mumbled. "Or... More of a curse I suppose."

"He gave her life back and gave her magic so she could protect herself."

"What do you mean by 'gave her magic?'" Lector asked.

"She didn't have any magic power before she died," Rogue told the exceed. Then he looked at me "Zeref gave you your magic."

"W-what?"