Helping a Friend

Rachel's POV

I went to the hallway closet and pulled out extra blankets and pillows. Mel had fallen asleep while Demi held her. You can tell by the look in her eyes that she is truly heartbroken. It kills me to see her like this because she is like my sister, she has always been there for me and now its my turn to be there for her. I walked back out and seen that Demi had laid her down on the couch. I carefully lifted her head and placed the pillow under her, then I covered her with the blanket. "thanks for letting her stay, love" I said kissing Demi's cheek, she smiled "of course baby, she's your best friend" she replied. "come on let's go watch a movie!" Demi said excitedly, I giggled and grabbed her hand and pulled her upstairs. "what movie?" I asked as she sat on our bed. "mmm you pick" she answered. I put my favorite Disney movie, Lady and the Tramp. I played next to Demi and cuddled into her side.  "so how long is Mel gonna stay" she asked, while pressing play. I shrugged, "I'm not sure, I know Mel and she doesn't take thing like this well, shell go into depression and mope around" Demi looked shocked. "really?!" I nodded "when her dog died she cried for a week and was really depressed, she has a very soft heart and she needs someone who will treat her right" I said. "shell be OK don't worry" Demi said back.

      We were half way through the movie when I heard the door bell ring, "I got it" demi said and got up. I followed but turned down the hall to use the bathroom. I opened the door but stopped once I heard his voice. "where's Mel?! is she here?" I ran down the steps and to the door. I looked at him then slammed the door in his face. "babe!" Demi yelled at me, I ignored her and walked to the couch to get Mel but she was gone. "where's Mel" I said "she is in the kitchen" I looked and she was drinking a glass of water. Demi walked up to me, "Rachel calm down" she said while placing her hands on my arms. I didn't notice but I was shaking and I was breathing very fast. I kissed her lips then walked to the door, I opened it and Zach stood there "its rude to slam doors in people's faces!" he said, I scoffed "where is Mel" he asked again "why do you care?!" I asked "because I love her" he said back. Fuck that! I grabbed him by the top of his shirt and got close to his face. "listen here you little prick-" "Rachel!" I turned my head and Mel stood there. "I'll talk to him" she said quietly. I looked back to Zach and pushed him out of my grip "you fucking lucky!" I said to him then walked up to demi, wrapping an arm around her waist. Mel walked up to the door with her head down, "Baby I'm so so-" he started but was cut off by Mel who slapped him across the face. Mine and Demi's eyes went wide "Don't call me that! For the past month, I waited for you to come to me and say that you were seeing someone on the side! but no, you being the stupid coward you are waited for me to find out!" she yelled, Demi and I stood there awkwardly trying not to seem nosey "I'm sorry" Zach whispered, she got even more mad "of course you are, you always are. you were sorry when you were checking other girls out when we took walks. you were sorry when you flirted with the waitress on our anniversary. I'm done believing it, and I'm done with you. Good bye and have a nice life." with that she shut the door and turned to us "he's such an ass" she said walking back to the kitchen.

Demi's POV

Rachel turned to me, "I'm gonna go take a shower" I kissed her lips and smiled "why are you smiling" she asked me, I giggled "nothing I just love you so much!" she kissed me and looked in my eyes "I love you to beautiful" I blushed and with one last kissed she headed up the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and sat next to Mel at the table, she was on her phone but set it down once she seen me. "hey" I said, she looked up "hi Dem" she replied "so what are you planning on doing" I asked propping my head on the palm of my hand. "well I applied for a UCLA and got accepted so I'm gonna go there and hopefully when I'm done I can become a teacher" I smiled "that's great!" she nodded "BABE WHERE'S MY ROBE?!" I heard Rachel yell from up stairs, I giggled "NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT. THANKS BABY!" she yelled again, I laughed. "she really loves you" I looked at Mel confused, "I have known Rachel for a long time and the only person she has loved was Amanda" she continued, I cringed at her name. "but when Amanda cheated on her, she swore she would never fall in love again." I looked at the table then back up "so what happened?" I asked "she didn't date or even flirt with another girl for seven months, she had lost that spark that was in her eye. But then when she met you, it was back and she was smiling more than ever. She loves you a lot" I smiled, "thanks for telling me" I gave her a hug then walked up the stairs into the bathroom, Rachel popped her head around the glass "hey everything OK?" she asked, I shook my head "no, just wanted to join you" I said, she nodded. I got undressed and got in. She was facing the other way as the hot steaming water ran down her body. She turned around "hi baby" I smiled "hey beautiful" she blushed and I kissed her lips. when we pulled apart she rested her forehead on mine and I looked in her eyes, then I noticed it, the spark. "I love you" I said, she kissed me deeply "I love you to"

______________________________

I know its short, please don't hate me. But there is a VERY big and important chapter coming up so....yeah. Please comment what you think. love you all and stay strong!!

                 -b