Marry Me

Demi's POV

  Its New Years Eve!! I'm really excited because I'm going to be performing a couple of my songs. There is only one thing that's bumming me out, Rachel. For the past week she has been acting really weird and sneaking around. Even on the plane ride here, she barely said a word to me, Its like she is trying to hide something from me. I'll make sure to ask her tomorrow.

     I walked out of the bathroom and, Rachel was sitting on the hotel bed putting her shoes on. "hey baby you almost ready" I asked, she stood up and looked in the mirror. "yeah I think so" I walked over to her and stood behind her. "so you excited!" she asked turning around to me. I nodded as she wrapped her arms around me. We heard a knock at the door, "come on that's Max" Rachel said and grabbed my hand. Once we were out, she intertwined our fingers and opened the car door for me to get in. Rachel never let's me open a door if I'm with her, she would always do it or a doorman would. As we sat in the car, I sat closer to Rachel and rested my head on her shoulder. She looked down at me and smiled, I kissed her cheek.

Rachel's POV

   I am so damn stupid!! oh my gosh! OK so right now its New Years Eve and I am freaking out. I haven't been, you would say, 'acting myself' lately. OK maybe ever since I bought the ring, You are probably thinking that I am having second thoughts about proposing. But I'm not, I want to make Demi my wife. And I want to maybe one day even have kids with her. I'm just nervous, its going to be on live TV, for the world to see. I'm getting off topic, sorry. Anyway the reason why I think I'm stupid is because I know that Demi is sensing that something is wrong. There isn't anything wrong, just to clarify. I just don't want to ruin this.

     So me and Demi took a flight to New York and are getting ready in the hotel room. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked....OK, I think. I reached into my pocket and pulled the box out. I glanced at the door to if it was locked, then opened the tiny black box. In the middle of it was the diamond ring I bought for her. I'm so nervous yet so excited, it would kill me if she says no. There was a knock on the door so I quickly closed the box and shoved it back in my pocket. "yeah?" I asked "baby hurry I need to get in there" demi said "I'll be right out" I turned to the mirror 'you can do this, she'll say yes' I whispered to myself. I opened the door and kissed Demi's cheek. She walked in as I walked across the hotel room to put my shoes on. I was lacing up my shoe when Demi walked out, "hey baby you almost ready" she asked, I stood and walked to the mirror. "yeah I think so" she made her way over to me and stood behind me, I turned as I asked "so are you excited!" she nodded and wrapped her arms around my waist. There was a knock at the door and I knew it was max, he always knocks five times but the middle three are faster. "come on thats Max" I said taking her hand in mine. After we walked out the hotel I locked our fingers together and opened the car door for her. I crawled into the backseat of the black SUV and sat by the window, Demi sat right next to me and rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled and looked down at her, taking in her beauty. She kissed my cheek and I giggled. "what?" she asked, I moved my hand and put it over her shoulder. She put an arm across my stomach and came closer.

...

  So I'm standing on the side of the stage while Demi, is singing to the huge crowd. There is five minutes till the ball drops, Demi, a while ago, started to sing Neon Lights.

Shining like stars 'cause we're beautiful, beautiful
You're all I see in all these places
You're all I see in all these faces
So let's pretend we're running out of time, of time
Like Neon Lights
Like Neon Lights
Be still my heart 'cause it's freaking out.

She finished the rest of the song. Everyone started to count down the last minute of this year, I walked out to Demi and we watched as the ball made its way to the bottom. 5secs. it seems like time is moving in slow motion. 4secs. I looked towards Demi and got lost in her big brown eyes. 3secs. She took my hand in hers and squeezed it. 2secs. She brought here face close to mine and whispered "one. happy new year baby" I crashed my lips on hers as the crowd screamed and cheered. This is it, the moment I have been waiting for. After about a minute, I grabbed the mic and started talking "Demi, I love you. And I know we have only been together for about a year and a half but I feel like I have known you my whole life." by now the crowd got a lot quieter. "you know more about me than anyone else, I fell in love with you. Hard. And I'm glad I did" she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I swallowed a lump in my throat trying not to cry. I looked at her and handed her the mic. After she took it I reached into my pocket and took out the little black box. Her eyes grew wide as I knelt down on one knee, "Demi, will you marry me?" I said as I opened the box to reveal the ring. The tears started to fall from both our eyes and the crowd went wild once again. "Yes! Yes of course!!" Demi said, I stood up with the biggest smile on my face. She threw her arms around my neck and kissed me, I slowly pulled away and grabbed her hand. "I love you" I said while I slipped the ring on her finger. "I love you to" .