Chapter 1 - Information is key

- Monday, January 22nd –

Today, it's been two years.

Two years since Finnley first went missing and everything in our lives changed, for the worse.

It's also exactly two months since Finnley again went missing and I'm a wreck since there's still no clue about what happened to him after he got sold by Jeffrey to a guy called The Phantom, or Uncle Doe.

They're still trying to find Jeffrey, but he seemed to have vanished into thin air.

The biddings on me and the others went offline without resulting in trouble and that might have to do with the cops trying to get them offline.

The account Jeffrey used to sell Finnley is deleted and basically, Oliver has nothing to go after on the dark web.

We feel defeated, we feel useless.

And I'm currently in Finnley's room at aunt Cady's house, because I miss him so much I every so often go here to at least feel a bit closer to him, wherever he may be in this moment.

Just like now, just after Oliver and I had dinner with aunt Cady, Liv, Lara and Jason.

Oliver is having a teat party with Liv and Lara, while I went down here.

The room is practically left untouched since Finnley went missing. The cleaner does clean the room, but she leaves his books and his stuff in the same place. As if time stood still in here.

At first, whenever I laid down in the bed, I could still smell his scent. But by now, that scent is gone and all that is left are the clothes he wore but aren't washed yet; a sweater, sweatpants and pyjama pants.

If I hold the sweater, close my eyes and focus, I could almost, almostfeel the heat that his body left. But then I open my eyes, the sweater is just a useless piece of fabric and reality kicks in again. Finnley isn't here, and neither is his scent, nor his warmth.

His phone, his panic button and his laptop have been moved towards the room and are on his desk, also left untouched after being moved.

By now, aunt Cady gave me the keys that belonged to Finnley, offering me entrance to the house, his apartment and his car. The car I decided to use to drive around so that I don't have to rely on others to get around safely.

I'm swinging the desk chair from left to right, tapping the laptop while biting my lip, overthinking the possibility to snoop around on it.

Who knows what information the laptop holds.

But as I open it, I notice it's locked with a password and let's face it, the fact Finnley and I grew apart for a long time, before we got together, caused me to not know him as well as I did before.

The passwords I try all fail. None of his old passwords, or his former logic to come up with a password help me to crack the current password.

But maybe Oliver could.