Chapter 10 - Visitation

– Friday, March 23rd, –

I frown, confused because I have no idea what the teacher is talking about because I haven't done any of my homework lately. I try to catch up by paying attention now, but I think I'm falling too far behind to know what this is all about right now.

Maybe I should ask Oliver if he's got time to explain this to me, since he's doing the same study, only is he graduating and I'm still in first year.

We do have mentors that are students from Oliver's class, but sadly school didn't put me with Oliver, while we both requested for it.

We told school we hang out a lot and that it would be easier to meet up since we already see each other each day.

But they didn't listen and placed me with Benjamin, one of Oliver's former friends, before they had a falling out and are now sort of frenemies. They hate each other, but by lack of anyone else in their class that is nice – besides a guy named Jasper – they still do projects together. Jasper is their mediator.

And Benjamin isn't a nice guy at all, he never wants to sit down, always telling me he's too busy.

So, maybe take matters into my own hands and ask Oliver to be my mentor anyway.

I don't think Nikki – who is one of the two students that has Oliver as their mentor, would mind my presence.

And then maybe I could try to save whatever I can safe this year, still trying to pass it. Because if I let things continue the way they are now, I'm going to have to retake the year. And only a handful of students ever have been allowed to retake the first year after failing the way I am. And they all had great excuses to fail. One had cancer and had too much treatments to pass, one had a car accident. One lost both his parents.

And those are all perfectly good reasons for students to mess up their school. Those are reasons for the school to give them another shot.

But first year is mostly full of new students and they're not easily willing to let anyone retake the year.

They know about my issues, and I wonder if that is enough of a reason for them to let me do so, if needed.

But I could still try to prevent myself from failing.

Only it would mean I'd have to pass every upcoming presentation, every upcoming project, every upcoming test.

I can't lose any more credits.

I need at least another 30 to make it to the second year.

Long story short, I really need Oliver to help me out. He is one of the best students in his class.

But he's also bothered by Finn's disappearance and not doing great in his graduating research.

"Cris, can I talk to you after class?" Mr. Rivers addresses me, waking me up from my stupor. Last night, I had another nightmare and since Oliver wasn't there to calm me down, it resulted in a panic attack.