Chapter 26 - Trust

– Thursday, May 31st, 2018 –

I'm a bit slow today, my head feeling heavy, even though I kept quiet after Monday's date with Finnley. After the events in front of Club Seven, we continued our date, me trying to push the memories that kept flashing in front of my eyes to the back of my mind.

We had a nice date, and while I tastes sushi, some flashes came back, but it was about me, eating sushi with Stan once. That most definitely disappointed Finnley a bit, but he recovered quick after I told him my relationship with Stan is in the past, and we were there to make new memories together.

Because I want to be with him, not Stan.

It was actually nice to talk to Finnley about things that haven't got to do with any of the events that happened in the past two years. No abductions, no car-crash, no fights, no nothing huge.

He told me how he is in college, wanting to go to university after finishing the first year – which he obviously isn't doing this year – and then become a doctor. He explained how he first thought about becoming a psychologist or even psychiatrist like Nathan is doing, but when he had to pick, the physical medical scene attracted him more, and now he wants to become a doctor, working in the ER the most, since he got inspired by things that happened.

I continued to ask him if I followed my dream to become an architect, and he confirmed, telling me I was doing building technologies in college too, and telling me Oliver was supposed to graduate this year, failing to do so too due to the accident.

I learned some things I forgot, but Finnley assured he was allowed to tell, since none of it would interfere with my mind trying to process traumatic events in its own pace.

We talked about me starting to play soccer again, in a team with Oliver, Jaimie and Felix, and how the team was on their way to become champion, until Oliver and I got the accident and they lost their best defender and me, as one of the best offenders.

It had been little snippets of unimportant information that he gave, but I still felt satisfied, for getting some insight to the gaping hole in my mind.

But, we both were exhausted afterwards, and for the past two days, we mainly stayed in bed, or hung around on the couch, watching movies, playing videogames for as long as my head would let me, or even read. The latter activity mostly meant Finnley was reading, and I just watched him in silence, or he read to me, which I surprisingly enjoyed too.

But it isn't a surprise, because I could listen to him for hours on end and I wouldn't care less if he would be blabbering incoherent things, as long as I would get to listen to him.

I've been carrying the black box with the ring in my pocket, constantly playing with it, and with the idea to just kneel down and ask him to marry me. Something's holding me back though, and I can't pinpoint out what it is.