Chapter 21 - Intuition

– Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016 –

As I'm seated on the couch, watching some stupid movie, the doorbell rings, causing me to jump in my spot, scared instantly. I bite my lip, again jumping as my phone beeps, indicating I've got a text message; from Stan.

I'm a bit jumpy these days.

I read his message, that tells me he is in front of our door and not to be scared, apologizing for not telling me he a was coming over.

At least he understands why I'm scared, and I scowl at him after opening the door. "Don't scare me like that." But then I smile, because Stan is smiling and the last time I saw him, he left me in hospital after we broke up.

"This was payback of some sorts, for breaking my heart."

I snort and nudge him before I open the door further to let him in. "That's not even close to fair, or similar."

"I know. I just didn't know what else to do to get some revenge."

"Since you're here, I assume you sort of forgave me?"

"Sort of?" Stan is the one to snort now, nudging me back. "I forgave you, fool. Because I will never stop loving you and I can't stay angry at you."

"Stop telling me you love me. You know I feel guilty for everything that happened."

"And you know I feel guilty too? For not protecting you?"

"Honestly, I'm glad you didn't." I force a smile on my face as he sits down on the couch with a deep sigh. "If you would have, who knows what would've happened to Finn, or the other guys for that matter?"

"I know, and I'm just really glad you're all home... well, safe."

"How's Liam holding up?"

"He's uncomfortable as hell, doesn't know what to do with his time. Dad got him a day job to keep him going, but he doesn't know any better than sell his body and drink. So, dad might send him to rehab because he keeps drinking." Stan shrugs, lolling his head to the side a bit.

"And how are you holding up?" I fiddle with the blanket I had pulled around me a minute ago.

"Okay." Stan shrugs, sinking a bit into the couch with a tired sigh. "I miss my mom, everything changed, and I don't even have a boyfriend to flee to."

I smirk and roll my eyes at him whining about us breaking up, and feel the need to remind him of the fact he is the one who decided to break up in the first place. "You were the one who ended our relationship."

"You were the one cheating." Stan protests, huffing while crossing his arm in annoyance. "I forgave you for it, though."

I smile, sighing in content as he allows me to slump down against him, getting an arm around my shoulder a bit hesitantly.