Chapter 31 - Resurfaced

– Friday, June 2nd, 2018 –

I stare to Finnley and Jason, who're bickering with hushes whispers and angry gestures, at just the right distance to prevent me from hearing what they're saying.

I just demanded Finnley to tell me what happened after the car accident as soon as I came down from the initial shock and allowed Jason to guide me inside under light force.

He sat me down in the kitchen, gave me warm clothes to wear and a hot cocoa to sip from. We sat in silence, while Finnley kept sending me these annoyingly worried looks, while seemingly feeling guilty over something.

And as the silence dragged on for a while, I closed my eyes and allowed the memories that resurfaced to come back to life.

And slowly, flashes of memories – all involving Jeffrey in some way – had made their presence in my mind.

Up to a point where depressed feelings came crashing over me to such a degree, I knew it wasn't because of what happened to me in the accident, or the fact I lost my memory. I reconnected with feelings I had previousto the accident. The desperation, the depression, fighting with Oliver, on the verge of giving up.

And how I blamed it all on Sydney and Jeffrey.

I'm far from remembering anything and everything, and most of the things that came back are mere feelings, rather then memories. But they're there, and it's enough to connect dots that felt like an illogic pattern at first.

It all started to make sense.

So, I demanded for Finnley to tell me what happened after the accident, of which I now highly doubt if it had been an accident. Not after remembering advertisements about me.

To sell me.

Or the fact Nathan was abducted – only shortly missing – but missing nonetheless.

And one particular warning coming from Emma, about how theywould target all of us.

And since I did notice I was the only one who called it an accident, rather then a car-crash, and the fact everybody's been really careful about saying anything that had to do with the crash and what happened afterwards, I think it's safe to say there's more to it than I know.

I demanded an explanation, and I haven't gotten one so far.

Because Finnley looked right about ready to spill, when Jason pulled him away from me with a warning look in his eyes.

They've been bickering for 10 minutes by now.

"Guys?" I roll my eyes in annoyance, pulling the blanket tighter around me while shivering in cold a bit. "Guys!" I call out – a bit angry this time.

They both stop mid-sentence, turning to look at me.

"It's not like you'd be telling me lost memories. I don't have any memories to begin with. It's not something I'm magically going to remember, despite being in a artificial coma for three weeks."

"Exactly." Finnley waves his hands towards me, telling me he's agreeing with me in this. "He deservesto know."

"We already went too far, Finn." Jason warns him. "The doctor clearly warned you not to temper with his memories too much. Because it could worsen the trauma."

"I'm fine." I insist, though still shaky and restless. "I just have tons of questions."

"I'm telling, whether you like it or not. If not now, then when you're not here to stop me." Finnley shrugs, pushing Jason aside to walk back to me. He grabs my hand, and drags me out of the kitchen and all the way to his bedroom.