Epilogue

- 3,5 YEARS LATER -

- 3,5 YEARS LATER -

- Friday, July 22nd, 2022 -

I can not get over how busy I've been in the past months. I've finally managed to graduate from college, and surprisingly enough only took a year and a half more than I thought I initially would take.

I had to retake my first year, and couldn't start doing so until December, getting another half a year set back to graduate.

I recently started a job as an architect in the same company as my father, following in his footsteps, much to his surprise. I mean, he knew I was doing architectural studies, he just didn't expect me to go for a job in the same company and I did it without him knowing.

I didn't want him to step in and bias the outcome of my application. I wanted to do it on my own, and I succeeded. I'm working on a project with him and it is actually great to work with him.

Though I still dislike his stupid dad jokes, but thankfully he never makes those at work. In there, we're colleagues, not father and son.

And I didn't mind taking a bit longer to get there, because Finnley was right there with me, going through the exact same; retaking his first year, getting enough credits to move onto university and succeed in wrapping up med school in only four years. He isn't fully there yet, since becoming a doctor takes more than a couple of years in school, but he did land himself a great internship with opportunities to become a doctor in the hospital, now working as an E.R. doctor, looking hot as fuck in his scrubs.

The green ones make his eyes stand out that much more, causing me to fall in love over and over again.

But currently, he isn't wearing scrubs. He's wearing suit and tie, and he looks even more stunning.

But I might be biased because he always looks gorgeous to me, and I can only curse myself for taking way too long to make him mine.

But after today, we will be together forever, bounded by marriage and our promise to have and to hold, to love each other in sickness and in health, and all the other things in a vow that I just can't seem to remember very well.

I still have trouble with my memory, but it's a lot better than it was a couple of years ago, and I have Finnley's support to thank for it.

And now I'm watching him, stroll down the isle, his father right beside him to give him away, with a casual strut and a cheeky smirk as he looks at me daringly.

As if daring me to call him ugly – which I would never do.

Well, only as a joke.

And then my eyes follow Mila, who's cheerfully skipping in front of him, throwing rose peddles to the left and the right, in front of her, and even into the air, to twirl a pirouette and giggle as the peddles hit her little bright face.