Chapter 24 - Memory Lane

– Saturday, May 26th, 2018 –

"I'm telling you," Finnley hisses annoyed. "We start at the beginning."

"We're not taking him to the apartment." The voice bickering with Finnley, is Oliver's. I did not expect him to be here today, though he did visit twice this week, since Finnley agreed to move in with us temporarily.

He's being driven around by a guy named Alex, who appears to be his boyfriend, who is currently nervously fiddling with the hem of his shirt, while I'm grabbing him a drink.

"We are, if you're not willing to help me, I'll find someone else."

"Go ask Alex if he's okay with going back there."

Alex' face flushes as soon as he heard his name, spat out by Oliver in anger.

"What are they discussing?" I casually ask Alex, who jumps in his seat as soon as I addressed him. "What apartment?"

Alex shrugs, biting his lips nervously. So far, I've seen him three times, am under the impression we know each other too, but he hasn't spoken a word around me so far. He's a quiet, shy guy.

"Alex?" Finnley marches into the kitchen. "Are you, or are you not willing to drive us there?"

I can't remember seeing Finnley as fierce and adamant as I do right now. And he's fuming in anger after his discussion with Oliver, while I can't remember him ever losing his cool like this before.

He also swears a lot more than I remember, but that's kind of hot, really.

Alex only shrugged, casting his eyes down, even more nervous.

"I won't be mad at you if you don't." Finnley impatiently taps his foot. "I'd get it if you don't ever want to go back there."

"I don't..." Alex whispers. "Mind..."

"What?" Oliver stares at him in shock. "Alex, you can't be serious about that!?"

"It's time for me to get over it, isn't it? You said so yourself. We all have to start moving on. And if this might help Cris, I'm willing to conquer my fears."

"Thank you, Alex." Finnley sends him a grateful look, slumping down in a chair after grabbing his box with medication.

Oliver hands him a glass of water and in silence we wait for Finnley to take his meds and be ready to leave.

I have no idea where they're taking me. All I know is that Finnley wants to take me to places where he thinks I will start remembering things again, and he planned for the first trip today.

I fought it, since I wonder if he's capable of a trip, knowing we'll be in the car for nearly an hour. He told me to shut up and just go with it.

And since Alex agreed to drive us there, we grab some drinks and food for the road, and pile into the car before my parents get to protest us leaving the house again.