Chapter 11 - Next

- Saturday, March 24th, -

I didn't go to our match after visiting Emma. Even if it's against team rules to cancel this shortly prior to a match, I couldn't care less.

As soon as I left jail, and turned on my phone again, I noticed I had tons of missed calls from Stan, which started late last night.

I knew I should've charged my phone sooner then in the car on my way to visit Emma. I should've charged it during the night, as soon as my battery died late last night.

But I was lazy, and I didn't mind the fact nobody was able to reach me for one evening.

So, I missed his calls throughout the entire night.

I missed the fact he was at our doorstep.

I missed the fact early this morning, while I was gone, the police visited to check in on me.

We got intercepted in the parking lot of the jail, police rushing to make sure I was doing fine since they could not reach me.

And then they took me home, where I found Oliver stressing out, and Stan curled up on the couch.

Only to find out Nathan never arrived at Stan's place and he is now officially missing.

He pressed his panic button, and they found the device outside, in besides his parked car, that was unlocked with the keys still in the ignition.

As soon as I walked inside the living room, Oliver attacked me in a hug, refusing to let me go for several minutes, telling me to never ever scare him like that, ever again.

Stan started crying and it felt weird to see him like that. He always used to be the stronger out of all of us, the one who was able to stay calm and collective.

But I guess he can't handle the fact Nathan might be in the same trouble as Finnley. He completely broke down, and I've been trying to calm him down, while his father came over, Nathan's parents called me to make sure I was still okay, and to agree to stay in touch whenever anyone had any information.

They also requested me to organize something to search for Nathan around here, like spreading posters and flyers throughout town.

But we all know we did all of that when Finnley went missing and it never got us any information about his whereabouts.

And now I just can't help but hope, wish, at least Nathan will go to the same place, so they get to be together in their situation.

Because, if we're being realistic, we all know Nathan will end up in a shitty situation, just like Finnley.

They're still investigating his case, but since he used his panic button, they are almost completely sure it has to be Jeffrey who attacked him. But since it took three minutes for police to arrive at the scene, only to find his car and his panic button, but no Nathan, it's also pretty sure Jeff had help.