Chapter 28 - Pretty boy

– Friday, June 1st, 2018 –

I think Finnley and I both slept from the moment we came home until Friday morning. Mom did wake me up once to ask if we wanted to eat something, but I only remember shaking my head, turning around and cuddling close to Finnley again. In the morning, he was rummaging through the closet to find clothes to wear, still in the shirt and boxer short he slept in.

I roll over to my side, watching him while he grabs clothes and turns around to send a look towards me, straightening out as soon as he notices I'm awake.

"Oh, hey." He hugs the clothes he picked to his stomach, suddenly looking a bit awkward.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh... nothing..."

"Finn..." I allow my head to sink into the pillow with a groan. "You promised to be honest. You're acting awkward."

"Right... I just..." As I look up again, he's blushing a bit. "Didn't... I don't feel comfortable changing... in front of you." He whispers the last words, causing my eyebrows to fly up. I stare at him, realising he indeed hasn't undressed in front of me even once. I've only ever seen him while wearing clothes, or in the shirt he sleeps in. But never did he change in front of me, while I did it in front of him anyway.

"Why not?"

"..." he swallows hard, and I see one of his hands slide to his ride side subconsciously.

"The scar?"

He swallows hard, but nods nonetheless, casting his eyes down towards the floor. "It's ugly and I.. could you just... turn around?"

"What?" I snort, roll out of bed and walk up towards him to pull him in my arms. "I don't care, Finn. You're hot anyway. One scar isn't going to ruin it."

"It really is..." He mumbles, trembling in my hold. "Can you just, please, not look?"

"I wanna see it." I whisper with a chuckle. "And let's think about it, if I see it once, you won't have to feel awkward any longer."

"No, Cris..." He pushes me away while giving off a vibe that he's not going to give in right now.

"Than how are we going to do it when we have sex?" I frown, crossing my arms. "You know I'll see it one day."

"I... I..." he shakes his head, looking anywhere but towards me. "Just, I'm not comfortable..."

I bite my lip shortly, before I sigh in defeat, my shoulders slumping a bit. "Okay, if you don't want me to see, I won't look." I shrug, grab the sweatpants that was hanging on my desk chair and leave the bedroom as soon as I pulled it on.

I feel a bit annoyed because he's pushing me away – yet again. But I have to remind myself about the state I found him in yesterday. I have to keep remembering Finnley is a wreck himself and while he's respecting things for me, I should do the same for him.