Chapter 25 - Date 1, act 2

– Monday, May 28th, 2018 –

It's been three weeks since I woke up in hospital, and so far, the only memories I got back from the past year, are memories provoked by Finnley in some way. The caramel helped to remember an intimate moment, the room in the shabby apartment helped me remember a fight with Finnley in that exact room.

Finnley made it his job to help me remember as much as possible, step by step, without telling me much. On Sunday, he kept to himself most of the day, writing down things in a notebook, texting with others, not telling me what it was about. I asked him what was wrong, but he only sighed, shaking his head, telling me he wasn't allowed to tell.

On Monday, however, he was all back to talking and giving me attention – that is, after he came back from his morning appointment with Harvey, and a therapy session. He's always a tad bit more active after one of those sessions, and he's always at his worst right before meeting Harvey.

"I got your parents to agree on letting us go out for dinner tonight." Finnley flops down on the bed next to me, his smile soon turning into a frown. "Unless you're not doing great?" He brushes aside some hair in my face, sending me a worried look.

"I'm a bit... dizzy." I admit, rolling over, closer to him, snuggling my face against his chest while he puts an arm around me.

"Did you take you meds?"

"Yeah, not helping yet. I'll be fine in an hour."

"So, no date tonight?"

"Definitely a date tonight." I mumble with muffled words against his chest. "Where're we going?"

"We're going to eat sushi." He hums appreciatively. "It's my favourite food, and you just have to tasteit."

"Is it going to give me back another memory?" I smile, though he can't see my face at all. "Because you emphasised 'taste'?"

"I hope it does." He chuckles and the vibration in his chest causes me to roll away a bit, disliking the sudden quick movements. "You look a bit pale."

"We've been doing a lot the past days. How come you're not exhausted?"

"Treatment." He shrugs, cocking his head a bit. "Besides, I've been recovering from everything for over two months now."

"But you miss your kidney."

"And I have a slightly malfunctioning second, yes." He nods, shuffling closer, leaning his head above mine to stare down at me. "But I got a bit used to it."

"And how long do you think it'll take before you get a new kidney?"

"Depends..." He looks away shortly, before he smiles for a bit. "As long as I'm not deteriorating in health, it won't happen any time soon. Oliver isn't capable of donating for another couple of months, and who knows what happens until then.