Chapter 22 - First piece

– Thursday, May 17th, 2018 –

I feel on top of the world after visiting Finnley on Tuesday, and again yesterday. On Tuesday we didn't do much more than kiss, because I couldn't get enough of the feeling it gave me. No memories are back so far, but since he doesn't care if I remember or not, just caring about the fact I do have feelings still, I couldn't care about that either, for a while.

Yesterday we mainly goofed around while we went out for a walk, stopping every couple of meters because either I, or him had to sit down and take a break. I noticed little things that tell me despite him being in a psychiatric ward, his physical health isn't great either.

It was a short visit, because just like the days I was still in hospital, Finnley had appointments to go to right after the morning visitation hours ended.

I asked him about the appointments, but he wouldn't tell me what kind of appointments he has. I know he's seeing his psychologist on Tuesday morning, followed by physical therapy right afterwards.

I sneaked a peak into the agenda at the nurses' desk to find out he's not seeing his psychologist more then once a week, so I wonder what other weekly appointments he has to go to.

I was too tired to leave my bed today to visit him again. The past two days wore me out completely and my head started hurting a bit again, which is why I'm at home.

I know Finnley's parents are over right now, having dinner with my parents, and Charlie should come over soon, but is still in school right now.

I'm sick and tired of being in bed by myself all day, and decided to descend the stairs, conquer the massive challenge that is, and lay on the couch.

But as I get to the bottom of the stairs, a blanket still pulled around me, leaning on the banister to keep myself up right, I hear James' voice coming from the kitchen.

"I'm just thankful they weren't able to take Cristian and Oliver. That they miscalculated their actions..." James sounds defeated, and I snap my head up, my interest peaked again. They wanted to take me too?

"I would've killed Sydney if they would've taken Cris," dad's voice thunders through the room in anger, only thinking about the possibility.

"He's still suffering..." Mom's calmness is gone all the way, suddenly sounding a bit on edge. "He's been forgetful now, he's been having nightmares about the near-drowning in November still. I fear for the day he starts remembering those things."

"I think Cris is stronger than we think. He did remember all of it before the car-crash, and he kept going then." Dad sounds a bit proud, but I'm not sure if I heard it right. I nearly drowned in November, which would explain my nightmares about drowning.

"Has the police gotten any further with Sydney?" dad asks after a short silence in which I assume they were all allowing the conversation to sink in a bit. "Did he confess by now about taking Finn in November?"