Chapter 19 - Frustration

– Friday, May 11th, –

As always, Finnley is in the chair next to my bed when I wake up, him still sleeping. Since I'm eating solid foods again, we get our breakfast served in the same time, Annette again having to wake him up to tell him to eat his breakfast.

And since I'm feeling better each day, today I decide on slipping out of bed, and sitting down at the table with Finnley to eat.

"Are you allowed to get out?" Finnley instantly jumped up from his chair to support me as he noticed me getting out of bed.

"I don't know. I need to practise, right?" I smirk and get a small smile in return while he guides me to the table after grabbing the tray with food from my hold.

"You're pig-headed, doing whatever you want."

"Call me a rebel." I bow my head and wave a hand, making him chuckle while I sit down. "Or oblivious, dense..." I cock my head, looking at him while he sits down, my last words causing his smile to disappear completely.

Finnley stares at me for a while, sighing deeply before he focusses on his food, again avoiding eye contact with me.

"So... I was thinking."

"Watch out you don't hurt your head again." He counters with a small smile, causing me to grin because I like fooling around like we always did. The little insults cause tremendous turmoil in my stomach.

"I didn't forget secrets I uncovered about you two years ago. I just sort of forgot your explanation."

"I never really gave you one, to be honest." He sends me a short look. "Brief, maybe. I kind of admitted everything but that's about it."

"Can you explain now? I mean, it's not something I forgot, so it's technically not forbidden to tell me, right?"

"Right." He chuckles again, nodding along. "I'll do my best. But I'll warn you I am recovering from a lot of things too and I might not be able to tell you everything."

"That's fine, I'd appreciate it if you try."

"I will, so, which secret first?"

"You're gay. I mean, that's what I found out..."

"You're bisexual, though I think you lean more towards guys..." He silences, his face flushing. "Which is something I shouldn't be talking about..."

"And you're focussing on me, not you. I found out you were gay, but I can't figure out why you never told me."

"Because... two years ago, you condemned gay people. I did explain this part, by the way. I was scared you wouldn't accept me, so I decided on keeping it hidden."

"And Nathan was your boyfriend."

"We dated, never officially a couple though. But yeah, for a while he was the only guy I was seeing."