Chapter 13 - Lead

– Wednesday, April 4th, –

I'm attending a class and we're halfway through it, when my phone starts buzzing in my pocket, indicating that somebody is calling me.

And while everybody who would ever have a reason to call me is currently working or in class themselves, I kind of expected it to be the police with news about anything.

So, when I pull it out to find out it is Stan who is calling, I feel a bit disappointed and sigh deeply; Sam instantly sending me a worried look.

"Cristian, no phones during class, you know the rules." Mr. Pepper tells me with a bit if a disappointed look.

"I thought it could be the cops..." I mutter, putting the phone back in my pocket, refusing to explain that comment any further since I still dislike most of my classmates.

"They still active?" Paul leans in to ask with a whisper, getting another annoyed look from Mr. Pepper.

"Yeah, could inform me whenever they find anything." I shrug, ignoring Mr. Pepper, who keeps his eyes on us while further explaining the theory we're currently presented with about building techniques.

My phone starts buzzing again, and I roll my eyes, contemplating on turning off the buzzing function, reminding myself the police could always call by coincidence, again checking my phone to make sure it's still Stan; who hung up soon only to call again right away.

"I think I have to take this, Mr. Pepper," I tell him, wving my phone in the air, already getting up from my seat. "Could be important."

He wants to protest, but I won't allow him.

"Police, you know..." I hurry out of the classroom, answering Stan by his forth call.

"Finally, Cris..."

"I'm in class, where's the fire?"

"They found Nathan. His mother just called. They found him."

"What?" I feel my eyes widen, my jaw drop, shock hitting me hard in the face.

"They found Nathan. They followed everything from up close, until they found out where they would take him... I don't know much details, but they found him, along with a bunch of others. What if Finn's there too?"

"Then they would call?" I hesitantly answer his question with a question of my own. "They haven't called... nobody called... Is Nathan okay?"

"His mom was still on her way to see him, and I'm on my way right now. I could keep you updated?"

"That would be great. I'm going to drag Sam home with me to wait for any news." And ignore the jealousy because they already located Nathan, and I still don't know if they found Finnley. I'm sure his parents would alert me if they received any news about him, right?