Chapter 11

*Ari*
He turned to face me.

"I.... Um...... You....... You're socks are untied." He said and then kept walking.

Wtf?! I thought he was going to say he liked me or something.

I caught up to him and said "yeah I know....." Pretending to be kidding around with him but to be honest, I'm disappointed. I really like him and I want him to like me too. The struggle is so real rn.

We walked awkwardly not talking or holding hands or anything and when we got to the yogurt place, we saw Ava and Walker.

We walked over to them and sat down. "Hi" I said.

"Okay what's up with you two?!" Ava asked us.

"Nothing" I smiled and walked up to the counter to pick out the flavor and toppings I wanted Jack followed me.

We both got all of our yogurt and we took the cup from my hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked him but then he walked up to the register. "I can pay jack!" I said but he just shook his head and handed the guy at the counter the money.

I don't even know what's going on with him. First he makes out with me and punches a guy for me then he tells me my socks are untied and then he acts all sweet again. Sometimes I wish he knew how I felt that day before I left.

We finished our yogurt and walked home together. The whole way, I didn't talk because I didn't know what to say.

"Do you want to come over?" Ava asked me when we approached our street.

"I think I should help my mom unpack" I lied and started down the back way.

"I'll walk you home!" Jack yelled after me. He put his hands in his
Pockets when he reached me and said "hi" with a small smile.

"Hi" I said and kept walking.

"I'm sorry about this morning." He said holding my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I think you know" he said and looked me in the eyes. "I really like you Ari."

Just as he said that, string lights all around the pathway and on the treehouse lit up.

"I like you too." I said and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He pulled me up to the tree house and there we talked for hours. Then I got a text from my mom.

From: mumma💕
Can you come home? About to unpack the boxes for your room.

I turned to Jack and said "I'm really sorry jack but my mom wants me to get right now." With sad eyes.

He pouted a little but then a aid "can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead." I told him.

"Will you be my girl friend?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes." I said softly before pressing my lips against his smiling.

"I got you this." He asks pulling away and handing me a jewelry box. I opened it and inside was a necklace with A+J engraved around the outline of a heart.

"Omigod jack it's beautiful." I say breath taken.

"I hoped you would like it." He smiles.

We then decide that I should he and we walked towards my house hand in hand. Before I walked through the front door, he stopped me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you later beautiful." He said and let me walk through the door.