Chapter 25

*Jack*

I wake up to Walker jumping on me.
"Bro what are you doing" I whisper yell trying not to wake Ari.

He gets off of me "Were in New York City and theres three hours until digifest. Me, Ava, Cam, Jack and Jack are going penny boarding"

Ava walks out of the bathroom "Are you coming or not?"

"Im going to wait until Ari wakes up and take her to breakfast" I say

Ava tells me "Make sure we all meet back here at 11:15 so we get there by 12:00

I nod and they walk out the door.

I check the time and its only 9:00am, why would they go out so early, what ever. I just turn in the tv and watch a rerun of last nights foot ball game.

After an hour Ari opens her eyes "Good morning bae" I say to her

She yawns and kisses my cheek

"Hey want to go out for breakfast with me?" I ask Ari

She nods "Yaa, Im gonna take a quick shower but Im starving"

I smile at her and she goes to take a shower. After about 45 minutes she comes out and she looks perfect. Her hair is perfect. Her face is perfect. Her outfit is perfect. Shes perfect.

"You look beautiful" I tell her

She blushes "Aw thankya"

I link elbows with her and we walk out the door and down the hall. I hit the down button and the elevator opens to Matt and Nash.

"Oh hey guys!" Nash greets us

We walk in the elevator "Goodmorning"

"So where are ya going?" Matt asks

"Hes taking me to breakfast, what about you?" Ari says

Nash hold up his pennyboard "We're meeting Walker, Ava, Jack, Jack and Cam in central park."

The elevator opens to the lobby and we all step out. "Well see you around 11:15 back at the rooms"

"Where would you like to go?" I ask her.

"Surprise me." He rocks back and forth on her toes.

I wrap my arm around her waist so she doesn't get lost. I walk down broadway and towards M&M world. I stop I front of it and turn towards her.

"You like chocolate right?" I laugh.

"Oh em geee!" She laughs and runs inside, pulling me behind her.

She looks around for a second and then immediately gets in line to go up the escalator.

"I see a ton of m&m's there!" She points to the little machines that you can get any color m&m from.

She pulled me towards the large escalator that would take us up to the 2nd floor and all the m&m's she was looking at.

As I looked around the store, I saw many many colors. This is one of those places where you can be with so many people but feel so alone. Everyone's pushing and trying to get the best thing for themselves; it's pretty stressful. Ari's eyes were lit up. She was in awe by all the colors and machines and people.

"Can I get a picture with you?" I heard a girl say behind me. She was gorgeous (not like Ari) and was holding her phone out to Ari.

I looked back and forth from her eyes to Ari's; I can see the dirty look she was giving Ari. "Sure." I shrug and step off the escalator just after Ari.

We both pose facing the camera. "Can you kiss me?" She asks.

Me and Ari have talked about his before. She understands a kiss on the cheek because it doesn't mean anything, it just makes a cute picture. "On the cheek." I tell her and Ari picks up the phone again. The girl placed her arm around my waist and resting on my hip; i put my arm around her shoulder and lean in towards her cheek.

I was about .00274829 inches from her face when she turned and her lips met mine. At first, I didn't realize what was going on; I stood there and didn't do anything, just kissing.

When I heard Ari gasp, I snapped my eyes open and stepped back.

"Why-" I breathed "why did you do that?!"

She smirked "you didn't seem to mind so much." And walked over to Ari for her phone "you go the picture right?" She asked.

Ari weakly nodded her head.

"Okay! I'll see you later jack!"

Ari clenched her teeth and mumbled under her breath. "I'm gonna cut that little sl-" I cut her off before the parents of small children had to rush out with their hands covering small ears.

"It didn't mean anything." I smiled and held her hand again. "Breakfast?"

"Yes please." She laughed.

"Are you serious?" She laughed hanging upside down off the said of my queen size bed.

"Dead serious." I smiled and threw another M&M into my mouth.

She shook her head laughing "you actually did that?"

"I thought the hamsters were samples of Guinea pigs okay?" I looked over at her red face from being upside down.

"The why did you hide it in your shirt?!" She questioned and tapped me on the nose.

"I was a stupid child, okay?" I threw my hands up (down) in defense.

"Was?" She raised her eyebrows.

I looked her right in the eyes "I know I'm smart now because I chose you."

She looked away and sat up. Her long brown hair falling down over her shoulders with slight waves. Her more-green-than-brown hazel eyes sparked with wonder and her mouth was open ever so slightly so you could only see a strip of white from her front teeth. She pulled her legs towards each other and crossed the as they met and held her feet with her hands. She looked down at me so I knew to sit up with her too.

Her eyes began to fill with tears. "I haven't-" she swallowed "I haven't been totally honest with you jack."

I put my right hand in hers and used my left to push a few strands of hair behind her ear. I was scared to be honest. I had no idea what she was about to say to me. I imagine the worst. I image her looking me in the eyes and telling me she doesn't love me.

The clock read 10:45 am.

She took a deep breath and started talking "I haven't been totally honest about my dad."

"He doesn't like me?" My voice cracked. I don't know what I would ever do without her.

She put her index finger against my lips and looked me in the eyes. Listen her eyes told me. "You know the part about my mom and dad being divorced right?" She asked.

I nodded.

"He's been stationed in Afghanistan for the past year and one month." She let's out a sob with her eyes squeezed shut.

I take in what I just heard.

I wrap my arms around her and hold her in my arms. She's sobbing uncontrollably now; crumbling against the wall my arms made. I pull her head into my chest and hold it there.

"What- what if he- he doesn't come home?" She let's out another cry. She's breathing fast and heavy.

"Shhhh" I rub her back and kiss her forehead. "He'll be back soon." I link my pinky with hers.

"I promise."

"You promise?"

"I do."

I hope that's not the last time I get to say those two words to this girl.

I can picture it now, her father walks her down the isle and we both say those two special words. That's all I want from my life; To love it with this one girl.