Chapter 14

*MALL SCENE WITH JACK AND ARI*

Jack POV
I wonder why she needs so much time to talk to her dad. I know her parents are divorced but I didn't think she was that close to her dad. Oh well.

I walk over to her house at 1:30 and her mom lets me in and gives me a hug.

"She's in her room." She said to me.

I walked up to her room and opened her door when she didn't answer to me knocking. I saw her sitting at her desk with her laptop still open with Skype but no conversation.

"Ari?" I said quietly.

"Ari?" I said once more a little louder.

She looked up at me with mascara running down her cheeks and said "I just want him to come home before he gets hurt." And cried into my shoulder.

I didn't ask what was wrong yet because I can tell she wasn't ready to talk about what happened so I rubbed her back in little circles and whispered "shh baby" in her ear for 5 minutes.

She finally stopped crying and I asked her if she wanted to go.

"Just let me change" she said and grabbed some clothes from her closet.

Ari POV
I chose to wear a pair of white high waisted jeans with some rips and a loose nirvana cropped tank top and my favorite pair of red vans. I tied a red bandana around my hair and quickly redid my mascara with some waterline eyeliner.

"I'm ready!" I said and then me and Jack walked downstairs.

I said goodbye to my mom and grabbed my wallet and phone before walking out the door with Jack.

He opened his car door for me and walked around the other side afterwards. "To the mall!" He shouted and off we went.

We parked outside of Macy's and walked in. We checked the directory and went to all my favorite stores (forever 21, wet seal, urban outfitters, American eagle, pink, etc.) even though I bought only like 5 things😂 and stopped on the food court for some smoothies after.

We went to the mcdonalds cafe and both got a blueberry pomegranate smoothie and started shopping again at all of Jacks fave stores (he had like 1/2 as many as I did lol).

"Ava's having a party tonight at our house. Do you want to come too?" He asked me.

"Sure!" I said.

"Cool. It's like 4:30 right now and we might have to go early to help her and Walker." He said.

"Ok! It sounds fun!" I said and smiled up at him.

We were about to walk into sephora when I saw a girl making her was to me and Jack.

"Do you know her?" I nodded my head towards her.

"Let's go the other way." He said and dragged me into the store so we could loose her.

"Hi jack!" She exclaimed and forced into a hug he didn't return.

"Hi......" He said and inched away from her. "This is my GIRLFRIEND, Ari." And I held my hand out to her.

"Hi I'm Ari!" I said.

She didn't even glance my way and went back to talking to jack.

"I'm going to your party tonight!" She said rubbing his arm.

He didn't accept it but he defiantly didn't do anything to make her stop. I feel kinda uncomfortable rn.

After we talked to her for about 10 minutes, we walked back to the car and I didn't say a word the whole way.