Chapter 20

*Ava*
Since its only 11am and tonight is one of the last nights of summer me and Walker decide to text everyone we know.

To: All contacts
Do you wanna play manhunt tonight around the lake? Come to Ava and Jacks house at 8

By 4:00 almost thirty kids have planned on coming. I asked Ari to come and she doesn't want to since Jack is going to be there.

"Please Ari?! You have to come, you can see some people from school!" I begged her over the phone a few hours later.

He sighed and said "I'll be there at 8." And with that, hung up.

*Ari*
So I guess I'm gonna play manhunt tonight.

I picked out my hollister jean shorts with a black sweatshirt that said PINK on the back. I didn't bother doing anything with my makeup because it will be dark and then I put my long brown hair into a messy bun. I finished getting ready at like 6:30 and went downstairs.

Went out with friends tonight.... Money for dinner is on the table :)

Love,
Mom

Yay.

I grabbed the money off the table, slipped in my red vans and went to subway to get a sub really quick.

I blasted the music on the way there and the way back.

I haven't done that in a while☺️

I started rewatching the first season of gossip girl and ate my turkey, cheese, lettuce, and tomato sub.

@arianacarpenter
Manhunt tonight! Hope I don't die☺️🙏 i tweeted and went back out to my car because it was already 8.

I drove to Ava's house because I didn't really want to go through the path, not after what had happened. People were around back so I let myself in and joined Ava and Walker, Jack was nowhere in sight, thank god.

"Red team." She instructed me and I was handed a red bandana. I slipped it on my head.

"Sir yes sir." I said with a salute.

"Attention everyone!" Ava screamed. "The people with red bandanas are on the red team and the people with the plié bandanas are on the blue team! Go!"

I ran towards the forest and waited behind a tree. I heard screaming and saw a guy with the same color bandana running towards me. "Run!" He told me.

I started to run until I tripped on the back of his heels.

He looked back at me but I still couldn't tell who it was. He picked me up bridal style and ran carefully across the forest with me still in his arms.

He set me down on the ground after about 5 minutes and sat next to me but slightly turned towards me. "You ok?" He asked.

Wait.

I know this voice.

"Jack?" I said.

"Ari?" He said back.

"Yeah." I sighed.

He didn't say anything, he leaned towards me and planted his soft lips on to mine. Immediately, I felt sparks and our lips began to move in sync. My arms snaked around his neck and he had both his arms wrapped around my waist. We did this for at least 3 minutes until I pulled away.

"Jack." I breathed.

"I love you Ari." He said. "There's no doubt in my mind you're the one for me.

"But I thought-"

"You thought wrong. I miss you so much Ari. I was stupid, I wasn't thinking straight. I will never meet a girl quite as amazing and perfect for me as you. I love you. Only you." He said and kissed me again for a shorter amount of time but ZAYUM.

"I love you too jack." I smiled as he leaned his forehead against mine, looking deep into my eyes. He smiled back, with those perfect dimples and we laid there in a comfortable silence with my head on his chest and he played with my hair.

"The games over." I heard someone say behind us.

"Ok." I said to Ava before me and jack both got up.

We laced our fingers together and walked back to jack and Ava's house.

"Do you want to stay?" He asked me. "It's already 12."

"Sure." I smiled and followed him through the door.

A/N thank you so much for all the comments and votes! We love to know that y'all like the story! Keep them coming!

-c💕🍍

QOTC: how did you find out about Jack, Walker, etc?

AOTD: my friend (she also writes this story and the our magcon fanfic with me) told me about him and then I looked him up and thought he was PERFECTION😍🙌💖