[1]

Sure, it would be saddening. Even for her, which hands had long been bathed in blood, she was still only human.

The thought of the things she would never get to see, nor experience, the thoughts of the few regrets that had hindered her till this day. Indeed, it was right to say she felt conflicted, maybe even a bit fearful.

However, this was something she had long decided. It wasn't as if she had spontaneously awoken one day and wanted to let it all end. No, she had thought about it for the last years of her 14-year life.

Amidst that small room she called a house, that hole to which no light was to ever gather. She sat, atop the chair, and with her hands grasping the knife, looking deep into her memory. Still lingering on the few wishes she had never accomplished.

As strong as she was, she too still feared the unknown. Just what was on the other side of that border? Was it a dreamy land like she had wished for, or was it the same scorching nightmare of endless purgatory her life had become?

What comes after it all? She didn't know, yet, here she was.

She traced the silver edge of the blade, slowly across her neck.

"Goodbye...uncle."

She felt it was within her to say her goodbyes and, even as the words spewed out of her lips like a bitter aftertaste, she was satisfied to a degree.

Did she feel regret? Yes, she felt it in the bottom of her heart. How weak she had been to stop anything and how her life had spiraled out of control and into his hands.

She wished she could rewrite it, change it all from the ground up. However, although history repeats itself, it cannot be changed; much less by the hands that had forged them.

"I'm coming home...father...mother.." Her voice had grown more somber over the years, a result of learning to live with both what she had become and what he had made her.

Finally, her silver eyes gleamed their last, and she plunged the blade into her scar-riddled flesh.

There was never a single tear, nor a cry.

As her body fell, and her eyes closed one last time, she smiled. Something she hadn't done for a long time.

It was a bloodied smile.

***

The Royal Castle of Albion.

The marble halls shown in glittering splendor befitting the status of its inhabitants. Blue rugs stretched from one ends of the corridor to the next, and small lamps glowed in a faint blue light as they hung on the walls. An overall grand and serene atmosphere exuded from the building.

However, just then, a cry broke through the innards of the complex. Like a bell, although not loud, it was of striking note.

Within a specialized room prepared for the sake of labor, a woman of blonde hair and emerald colored eyes watched as the priest passed the baby into her hands.

Cradling it's small body in her arms, she smiled a content filled smile as she looked down onto it.

A man stood beside her with the same warmth she showed. His robust body overshadowing both the woman and child and his spiked hair of red and full beard added to the beastly aura around him. Yet, as he stood there, he looked not one bit out of place.

Next to him, a child peaked his head to get a closer look at his new sibling. His ruffled red hair matched his father's well, and his mystifying emerald eyes peered up at the baby in the arms of the woman in curiousness. Finally, he seemed to giggle at a thought only he knew of.