[16]

A strange scene descended upon Kent early morning; as the people settled to start their day, they were quite perplexed to see a group moving about. The people were quite curious to see this group, as would anyone be. They recognized the leader as the young lord and greeted him as he passed, but they couldn't recognize the girl. However, looking at the guards behind the girl, wearing the royal colors of the royal guards-blue and silver-and with an imprint of a blue phoenix: the people knew, this lady was definitely amongst the royal family, and if not so, then she was at least a high ranking individual within the kingdom, enough to get the royal guards to protect her wherever she walked.

Maria could hear the whispers of curiousness, and as she wondered if these people had anything better to do with their time, she asked the boy that was leading the way.

"Where are we going?"

Without looking back, and continually leading, he answered "The Adventure Guild."

She raised her eyebrow by a bit. She didn't have much information on the guild, but she did now know it was a place to accept and likewise place requests ranging from killing beasts to gathering materials. However, how could that help them in their search for that elusive organization known as Crow's Nest?

"How would it help us?" She asked as she kept pace with the boy, she could visibly hear the small clanking of iron armor behind as her guards followed her every step.

"The adventure guild is not only a place to accept and complete requests, one can also put up a request, say a request for the location of a certain hidden place. However, that would draw too much attention so there's an even simpler way." The boy finally swerved his head as he commented with a mysterious smile.

"Oh? What way?" Arthur jumped into the conversation.

"We use the information network of the guild."

"The adventure guild is one of, if not, the best organization at the collection and distribution of information. With a branch in every major city and some in even minor villages, they know more secrets about this world than anyone else."

And indeed he was right to say so, with so much adventure guild branches around the human realm, it would be a shame if they couldn't even do this much. And another has to wonder just how powerful it was to be able to stay afloat in every human kingdom without drawing the strife of that same kingdom. THere was one simple reason really, the current strongest human was at the helm of the guild. No kingdom could battle against that person, and no sane kingdom would choose to do so.

"It was said that she was born into a duke's household as the youngest lady. No when knows when, but later, she had grown so powerful that nothing could stop her. To the point where it was legend that she had conquered one of the five great dungeons on her own and slew the dragon at its top. However, amongst all that, no one really knows what she looks like and no one knows if she is a she to begin with; as all the people that had ever seen her had long passed away with time. But it is certain, she has continued to live on till this day."

"Anyway, the main point is that the reason the guild can remain standing in all the kingdoms is because of that legend." He finished.

Listening to all this rant coming from the boy's mouth, Maria wondered, just how strong was the leader of the entire adventure guild? More so, just how did he or she become so powerful and where did the idea of the guild come from?

***

The adventure guild was much more peaceful than she had expected. With a place where literally anyone could come and go, accepting requests, and with all manners of people gathered, she thought it would be like a rowdy show. However; there was no unnecessary noises, no loud banter, no clashes of opinionated people fighting against one another, and certainly no food flying around the great hall.