[17]

He had already begun to grow bored of the constant information spewing out of the two. He wasn't one for things like this and, although he had been constantly trained by his mother and father to take over the kingdom in the long run, he still didn't really like 'work' per say. Now, sitting here listening to the two finalizing the 'job' they were to take in replace for the monetary cost of the information on the location of Crow's Nest, his mind had begun to wander. Looking for anything that could keep his attention.

He brought his right hand just a few inches from his face, spread open his palm, and mumbled under his breath "<Fireball>."

He had no need to chant but only needed to visualize, however, saying the spell name was a great help in helping him visualize the spell itself.

The air above his palm seemed to swirl with faint red light before finally beginning to take the shape of a spherical ball. A small millisecond passed before the red light lit ablaze in the orangish-red hue of flames.

Controlling his mana as finitely as possible, the ball was nothing more than possibly the size of a marble ball any child would play with. Yet, its heat still radiated strongly as his body felt the warmth. Although he was a fire mage, it didn't mean he was immune to fire. However, he did grow a tolerance to it as he had practiced countless times. And that was why being a fire mage was a bit more dangerous than other mages, yet, he couldn't change it as that was the element his mana took a liking towards.

Remembering those moments he had burned his hands as a child and how his mother would scold him, a small smile placed on his lips.

"<Fireball>." He whispered once more as, this time, two more balls of flames sprung to life besides the other.

Controlling a spell was a bit different than controlling mana, as it required a bit more concentration and the ability to correctly predict its path of travel. However, he was a genius, wasn't he?

Soon, the ball of flames began to chase after each other as they spun atop his palm. Rotating together in a circular motion, they looked like three small suns gravitating towards each other.

Just as he was mildly playing with fire, he noticed, out of the corner of his eyes the mystic eyes of a boy Staring at him with a questioning gaze.

'What are you doing?' He could see the mouth of the boy move without an utterance of real sound.

He smirked, then, in a single motion, flicked his hand.

The three balls of flame traced the air with his control and soon blended into one. As it crossed the air, the ball of flames began to dissipate, in the end, leaving nothing more than the small warmth they had brought.

Yes, he had dissipated the spell, but it wasn't without rewards.

'Indeed, worthy of being my sister's first true friend.' He thought.

Although it was only a small joke, he didn't miss the small hint of caution the boy had shown. Seeing as the boy had immediately placed his hand on one of the swords strapped to his back. It was as if he had already been on high alert the whole time, it wasn't a simple thing to be prepared to draw your sword within the span of no more than a second or two.

With a small sigh, the boy removed his hand from the sword before narrowing his eyes at him.

However, just then, a soft voice drew the attention of the two.

"What are you two doing?" Maria asked, staring at the two boys who seemed to think she was just air. Did they really think she was as blind as to not notice a ball of flame flying just in front of her?