[30] (2/3)

Walking into the building, as the maid closed the door behind, the first noticeable feature would be nothing more than the so-called 'reception hall'. It was simply nothing more than the entrance, yet, already so grand.

Two wide curved doors swung down on both sides and reached the floors covered in rugs of blue, in obvious lead to the upper floors. The 'room' was wide above all, and could easily fit at least fifty people with space left to move. And, although not fifty people, they were currently a good amount held there.

"Welcome home! Prince! Princess!"

The array of personals shouted in unison. Maids on the left, and butler's on the right. Five of each, making a total of ten workers.

However, Arthur wasn't smiling. Currently, he was perspiring in nervousness.

"Good morning mom," He gave an awkward laugh.

Yes, indeed, she had obviously been waiting for his arrival.

Maria smiled, "good morning mom."

Ais gave a slight bow, "good morning your majesty."

[Should you?]

'No.'

Dressed in a light green one-piece dress, her blonde hair falling to her waist, and her emerald eyes looking over the group, she was smiling slightly-slightly.

However, the next moment, the room chilled a bit.

"And, tell me, why did it take you so long to come back, my dear son?" She smiled brightly, the maids and butler's where already scrambling away while wishing the prince good luck.

"Huuuuu..."

"We asked you to check on your sister, not to stay. Did we not?" She tilted her head with a finger on her chin. Clearly, acting as if she could hardly understand.

Finally, she began to walk closer.

"You see..." Arthur was lost for words.

However, before he could begin, Martha had already grabbed both his shoulder's and stared at him.

"It's time to return to your training to become king, after all, the throne will be yours sooner or later."

Quite literally, these parents were truly strange. Weren't they as young as can be, why were they in talks of retiring the throne? Though, Martha was older than Abraham by a year.

Yet, her expression became a bit calmer as the same thought she always had struck her, 'The demonic war is coming soon, and if I know anything, that husband of mine won't sit around at the back lines.'

She momentarily paused, smiled slightly, and looked towards Ashe--the first girl her son ever brought home.

"Maybe even find a queen by your side?"

[Why is she looking at you?]

'...'

For a moment, Maria couldn't help but mentally hold back a facepalm. Especially so when she realized her older brother was in the midst of being dragged away by her mother.

However, amidst that, she remembered something of importance.

"Wait, mom! I need money." Maria finally spoke up.

Yes, she was beginning to grow tired of never having money at hand. Surely, even she realized she sounded a bit like a whining kid-although she was indeed a kid in all the rules of the world.

"..."

"..."

There was quite a bit of pause.