[26] (2/2)

At the same time, she was being crushed on both sides of her body.

Her mana was running dry. Her arms were quaking to just let go as her silver gauntlets scrunched ageist the wall of earth, yet the boulders of earth could crush her into a paste if she did for a moment. She struggled to stay awake, much less speak, yet she must unless she wanted to face deaIn the end, he arms dropped down as the two walls of earth instantly forced her in between.

There was a hazardous scream.

"Sorry Maria, this will hurt a bit" Arthur spoke as he ran with multiple spears of flames at his front.

Then he commanded them towards her direction as it waltzed through the night air and burned a low reddish glow.

However.

A crackle of thunder broke down from the sky as a streak of lightning descended down onto the flying spear of flame. Each flame spear was hit with each crackle that blinded the sky and exploded them into mere shards of flames.

A small sea of flames highlighted the air as Arthur opened his lips for a moment in disbelief.

Yet, this show wasn't without merit as it gave Maria breathing room when the rain of lightning stopped for a moment. She used it.

Evidently, Alice was not able to summon and control many streaks of lightning directly at once

Using the bit of awareness left in her, Maria summoned her golden blades back as they glimmered into existence. Forming two makeshift drills as they pierced the chunks of earth at her side into dust before finally piercing the one below her feet.

Her body dropped down from the air in a wagered outlook and her blade clinked against the ground. The armor on her body began in a disappearance and revealed her scorched clothing.

Suddenly, she felt a body embrace her in warmth as she briefly looked up to see the red eyes of her brother.

"Got you," He gave a small smile as his legs quaked a bit.

He looked up to see the calm smile of Alice Aldridge staring down towards him.

"How sweet, a brother dying for his sister." With those words of hers, a wallow of flames began to wallow out in front of her as the weapon against her shoulder grew a tinted red.

Slowly, it manifested into a glimmering spear of flames that crossed the night sky.

"Since you entertained me with the same spell, I will return the favor," Alice spoke as the tip of the spear pointed towards the two's figure.

"Any ideas?" Maria managed to utter through rough breaths as she looked at the solidifying flame spear.

Arthur chuckled lightly as he began to stand up, "Run!"

He immediately turned around and began to run away.

"Seriously?" Maria questioned.

"Seriously," Arthur answered back.

Alice shook her head lightly and smacked her hand down.

She wasn't a fire mage and her attack didn't have to be linear, watching the boy that swerved left and right, she thought him to be quite funny indeed.

The gigantic spear of flame instantly chased after the two's figures and caught up to them in no time.

Arthur turned his head to see the fiery flame tip headed for them.

"Well, this has been a pretty fun journey at least." He made a hollow laugh to which Maria grimaced towards.

Suddenly, a voice brought him back from the brink of despair, "Indeed, you must all have had plenty of fun."