[27] (2/2)

For a few seconds, the dauntlessly crimson eyes and the pinkish gems stared in a deadlock.

Then, naturally, Maria noticed a clearly visible scar at Ashe's neck.

With how long it took to get to healing her, it was no wonder a scar would remain. <Light Heal> did have some limitations after all, Maria assumed that if she took too long to get to the person that needed to be healed, a scar would inevitably remain.

The two nodded at each other to the confusion of Ais and Arthur and Maria turned back to walking.

Amidst that, Maria couldn't help but ask.

'What should I call you? I do not believe I can go around calling you by my own name.'

This was one of the things that had been on her mind since she had met this remnant soul. It had already been made a fact that the two were one and the same. It had already been quite clear that the remnant soul was a part of her, most likely a part she had forgotten or made to forget. That is to say, the remnant soul was, in a way, also Maria Springfield. Yet, the current Maria was very much not willing to give her name to someone else.

[You may call me by whatever you wish.]

"Hmm?" Maria thought quite stringently for a moment.

'I will call you Mar. A simple bit of my first name.'

[....]

[So be it.]

"Also, next time you want to take over my body. Could you be so kind as to ask for permission?" Maria stated suddenly as the thought struck her.

[You do not trust me?] Mar replied.

"No, you are me after all, I trust you. I simply do not want to find myself suddenly losing consciousness and then awakening to a blank memory."

....

The guards stationed at the gates were extremely perplexed at this group currently walking towards them. However, quite so, they didn't dare to show it. Seeing the expressionless face of the golden-haired guard and the clothing of a royal guard on her figure, why would they say anything? Did they want to get into trouble for holding up a member or acquaintance of the royal family? Did they want to lose their jobs?

The answer was no, so they simply opened up the large gates and bothered not to check the group over or keep them waiting any longer than they needed to.

Furthermore, it wasn't just that. The guards, being members of the capital city of Albion, could clearly recognize two of the members of this party before them.

'Isn't that the princess and her elder brother the crown prince?' They croaked their heads and turned towards each other as they watched the group pass by.

'No no, I must be seeing things. After all, why would they be walking instead of riding in a luxurious carriage like the nobles? Even more, why are they ruffled and dirtied?' Each shook their head with this same thought.

It was quite impossible for this guards to think the highest nobles of the land to have gotten into a scuffle or much dread, a fight.

All in all, these guards were truly confused as to this group.

'I need a break.' They signed in unison.

'Maybe some Ale after will help.'

Ah, ignorance was bliss.

...

"Home sweet home," Arthur breathed in the air of the capital city of Alcoa as he stepped unhurriedly forwards.