[23]

"That's a simple matter really," Arthur grinned.

"We use the high-grade light attribute magic, <Light Distortion>. And although it can only be useful during the day or where light is present, it can still be used to change our appearance-not fully, but enough. Then, when night comes, we can use the high-grade dark attribute magic <Dark Distortion>, which has the same effect as its light attribute counterpart but can be used within the night and where there is no light." He brought his head up high with proudness at his plethora of magical knowledge.

"Great Idea, but just one problem," Maria smiled mysteriously.

"What is it?" The prince asked, his voice still brimming with proudness.

Ashe scowled by his side as her crimson eyes narrowed at him, "Does anyone here know how to cast those magic spells?"

The young prince's expression immediately crumbled as he visibly frowned. He looked around the room and saw no one answer to the question of Ashe. Based on his knowledge and observation, only two people here could use magic to a degree-himself and Maria. Finally, the only person here who could cast either of the two spells, Maria, didn't know how to or was never taught how to.

"We could buy a spellbook for the spell <Light Distortion>, and have Maria learn it." He finally spoke after some thinking.

"How long would that take?" Ashe asked.

"Based on my sister's magic learning speed; at least a month." His voice trailed off.

"Find another way!" Ashe forcefully commented.

She had already wasted almost two days in this realm, and only had a bit less than 28 days left before she had to return. First, she had to destroy that cursed organization; and Second, she had to go look at the formulating military of this kingdom-which, in her opinion, should already be beginning to start moving into place. A month-was not time she had.

"You..." Arthur was utterly lost for words.

However, Ashe didn't deter her statement.

At that moment, the guild master gave a small cough to catch the attention of the gathered people as they swerved their heads towards him. He brought his hand forwards and with a flash of small clustered light, revealed what was held within.

"I'm sure you are all aware of the <Magic Badges>, introduced by the mages guild." He spoke as the clear silver metallic badge was made known.

'That must be what the assassin used when he propelled my golden blades with a mana shield.' Maria watched as the guild leader held up the badge.

"This particular one holds the magic <Light Distortion>." He spoke as a trace of his minuscule mana entered into the badge.

There was a small glimmer on the badge as the words 'Light Distortion' glowed in a faint light within the middle of a magic circle.

Maria watched in silence as the figure of the man before her began to change.

"Simply imagine how you want to look, and hold your mind steady as you undergo the change. A single blink and you could fail and break the activation of the stored spell."

His head of brown hair turned into a darkened texture as it's length visibly shrunk. His hazel eyes became a dead gray set and finally, his clothing transformed into that of peasants--cotton brown trenches.

"Right, how could I forget about that?" Arthur couldn't help but lament.

O'Brien smiled, his facial features already changed into a much younger man reminiscent of a teenager.