[32] (3/3)

Meanwhile....on the other side....Arthur began his ascent at climbing a tree?

Ashe briefly spied him at the corner of her eyes...wondering what the heck the boy was doing for a moment.

She slightly shook her head.

Her fist came down.

A single quake echoed as the goblins figure came down, it's head turning into nothing more than a bloodied mess as

She didn't waste a moment, her crimson eyes gleaming, turning around, her right leg met with another.

She felt her leg connected against bone, the goblin was effortlessly tossed sideways into the others by its side.

Thump

It had been a long time since she had battled without the use of the 'curse'.

Thump

[Lively.] Within the 'Soul Sanctuary' in all its eternal darkness, chained into the air, Ain grinned.

Ashe's hand grasped against the neck before her.

With a resounding crunch, blood flowed.

.

Maria's weapon thrusted forth, easily evading the block of the goblin and continuing on.

A gaggle rang as her blade pierced through its throat.

'It's softer than I thought.' She briefly

Removing her weapon immediately after, watching the blood spray out as the beast began its descent, she swung rightward.

[It is anything but soft, your blade passed through in effortlessness simply because an average goblin's strength rank is C or C-.]

A crack resounded, the bow of the guarding goblin was effortlessly sliced into two.

'So?'

He stepped back a moment to evade the broken bow swung at her.

[Two ranks higher in any rank than an opponent, and you will be able to toy with them in that area with stats alone.]

Maria slashed archly rightway upwards.

'Is that always true?'

The hand of the goblin came cleanly off.

[If an opponent is experienced enough, they would be able to effectively manage by sheer skillfulness alone. However, it is a general rule of thumb.]

Following that motion, her hand came back down.

'I see....' She turned her head momentarily to see Ashe already within rampage, the hoard becoming nothing more than a disorder.

Her blade met with the skull of the opponent and inserted itself at the dead center.

'...that must also be the reason for her ease.'

Yet, at that time...

"Grandeur flames, shield me from all that wishes to harm me!"

Standing upon the tree, overlooking the area, Arthur's lips formed a devilish grin as he looked at the glistering red light that spanned just above the sky.

Whoever said a defensive spell couldn't be used for attack?

"Checkmate."

A blaze instantly ignited above Maria's head, instantly overshadowing the area in a burning heat that elapsed the air.