[4]

As large and expansive as the royal castle was, it was almost an obvious observation to recognize that a vibrant garden would surely supplement in its design.

Located at the centric back of the castle grounds, and shaped off into a perfectly angular squared space, it shined in luxury. A fountain stood erect at the dead center of the garden; a sculptured figure of a luxurious bird spewed glistering water from its beak. Surrounding the edge, and making the overall layout, was the multicolored flowers that bloomed in a majestic air. Finally, the rest of the innards of the space was layered with clear jaded emerald grass that was duly maintained by the gardeners on a day to day basis.

It was this very garden, that would usually be used for certain events and parties, that the two sat face to face; each with their legs crossed in an orderly manner.

"The first step to learning magic is to know your elemental affinity." The boy spoke with the aura of a teacher.

"Stretch out your arm, and slowly guard your mana into the palm of your hand. In the end, your elemental affinity will depend on the color of the particles that gather."

Maria nodded and did as told, reaching out with her right hand and revealing her palm. She then concentrated on moving that faint energy that beat within her body.

However, contrary to what she expected, her mana did not faintly glow onto her palm. Instead, it fanned out and began to gently dance around her vicinity.

"Right...I forgot not everyone is a genius like me, you also need to be able to control your mana." Arthur laughed lightly as he joked.

For a short boy, his ego was surely developing.

However, Maria had already blocked off her attention from the brother of her's and focused on the particles that surrounded her in slight amazement.

'If this had been under the night sky, it would have been an even more surreal and beautiful scene.' She thought.

Her mana had begun to gather the sprinkles of golden ball of light or golden particles as they blossomed into the air. Like a dance of fairies, they twinkled amidst the day.

'Stars.' That was what she thought they looked like the most.

Like twinkling stars under the halo of the sun.

Her eyes couldn't help but grow brighter as she muttered, "it's beautiful."

Arthur stared at his sister, the one currently swirling her head left and right, as he allowed her to take in the moment. The first time anyone was to release their mana was a special moment, as they could come to recognize the beauty of their own element. So, patiently so, and unlike his usual self, he waited.

However...a whole minute had passed and she was still engrossed.

"Are you satisfied yet?" He asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

Finally, the girl seemed to come to and forcefully removed herself from her own thoughts as she stared back at him in waiting.

"Anyway; red is fire, blue is water, brown is earth, green is wind, black is dark. Finally, your element, gold is light." He explained in simplicity.

"Congratulations...you have begun your first step in the arts of magic." Arthur nodded.

Maria thought for a moment, then asked, "Which element is the strongest?"

Arthur shook his head "No element is stronger or weaker than another. The power of magic is not necessarily dependant on an element and, although certain elements counter each other, no one is above another."